Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I Suck At Hanging Out With Meredith

last night, i ran into my friend (meredith).

meredith and i go way back. i've known meredith since middle school. we used to chat on the phone all the time. we used to laugh, joke, and just be silly. in fact, i pretty much still laugh, joke and be silly... so it's good to know i haven't changed that much.

anyway, the last time i saw meredith was at her then-new house in weymouth for a fourth of july celebration a few years ago. so, it was nice to see her again albeit the circumstances surrounding my seeing of her again were not the greatest. we were attending a wake for the uncle of my friend (ellen). ellen happens to be married to my other friend (cass). it's somewhat odd how most of my friends have met their significant others while in high school. i guess my high school graduating class was very tight-knit. but, that's beside the point.

needless to say, i got to talk to meredith while at the wake. when we left, it naturally got me thinking how i suck at hanging out with meredith. meredith is one of the nicest people i have known and have ever met. she has recently lost some weight too and looks good. she recounted a story about how when she first moved to her grandmother's house in quincy, my other friend (hugh), who incidentally was the best man at my wedding, had rode his bike all the way down to the house and gave her a stuffed animal. he had given it to her because she was concerned that she didn't know anyone in the neighborhood. thus, with the stuffed animal, she would at least know one person. i don't really do the story justice (meredith did a much better retelling of the story). she laughed and thought it was funny how that was one of the things she remembered about the past.

anyway, i'm glad i saw meredith again. seeing childhood friends always cheer me up. some might even say it makes me all sappy, which is why come christmas time... i get a little thankful for all of my friends. regardless, i hope to see meredith again in the upcoming months.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

didn't you see her at cass and ellen's wedding? i haven't seen her in ages either. we used to work like a block away from each other, but never bumped into each other.

cavalier said...

oh yeah... i forgot that i saw meredith at cass and ellen's wedding. damn my memory... this is why i need to blog and take lots of pictures...