Monday, May 19, 2008

I Still Suck At Scramble

a couple of nights ago, i woke up in a cold sweat. okay, perhaps there was no sweat... or coldness for that matter... but it was a nightmare nonetheless. i had a dream involving my friend (andrea). in the dream, she defeated me in the game of scramble. excited with the thrill of victory, andrea jumped for joy... inflated her own ego with some talk about how awesome she was... did some trash talking with me... and even did a little jig. (luckily, i knew it was just a dream because andrea does not dance.)

perhaps the dream was a sign of things to come. a couple of days later, i played my friend (aimee) in a game of scramble. she actually had me on the ropes in the early rounds. (she had outscored me in the first two rounds by a score of 102-89.) not one to panic, i actually ended up winning the game 254-225. naturally, that got me thinking... i still suck at scramble. granted, i have not lost yet to any of my close friends. i have actually lost to my coworker (sean) three times, which currently are my only three defeats. (sean and i are 3-3 in head to head competition.)

anyway, aimee is determined to defeat me. she said it was her "mission" to defeat me and win the free lunch challenge that i issued. (i still think that in all fairness, any of my friends who lose to me in scramble should at least do something like inflate my ego and post something on myspace or facebook saying i exude awesomeness...)

i'm actually surprised aimee has not defeated me already. aimee has an uncanny ability to beat me. perhaps my friend (hot amy) should hang out with aimee and hope that the winning rubs off onto her. when we were younger, aimee absolutely kicked my butt in a fighting video game at my friend's (garv) parents' place. it was quite amusing.

needless to say, with the bullseye on my back, i think my days of beating all of my friends in scramble may be soon coming to an end. but we'll see. i'm still waiting to see the posts of my exuding awesomeness...