Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I Still Suck At Not Your Average Joes

today is my usual day to hang out with my friends (marc and kelley). normally, we hang out at their place and just have fun. tonight, however, we went out to celebrate my new job as suggested by marc. interestingly enough, marc and kelley seem more excited about my new job than i do. i think they are just happy for me because they know how disheartened i have been with my current company.

needless to say, marc and kelley are great friends. we decided to go to (of all places) not your average joe's located in norwell. now, i still suck at not your average joes. it sure does seem like i go there a lot, huh? what can i say... the food is good. (pictured below is karen, kelley, and marc in the bar area of the restaurant.)



anyway, my other friend (cass) also showed up later for the celebrations. we had a good time talking about the upcoming wedding for my friend (garv), returning to high school, the library, and some other random topics of conversations like the "slammin'" movie known as "save the last dance". karen was even able to fix cass's cell phone with a shake of her hand. it was funny.

it was good to see cass again. i haven't seen him since his wife (ellen)'s uncle's wake. it turns out that cass was asked to go to our alma mater of north quincy high school and present a scholarship. in high school, we had a friend named greg whose mother was (and still is) a teacher at north quincy high school. greg passed away on valentine's day a several years ago and his mom started a scholarship in his name. anyway, as she was busy that night, she had asked cass to present the award. apparently a lot has changed since our days in high school... so much so that all of us at the table felt old.

anyway, i think everyone had a good time. i'm glad a few of my friends were able to make the celebration. as much as i joke about how much i exude awesomeness (and it's true... i do exude awesomeness), i have never been into "me". even things like my birthday, i get more excited for the chance to hang out and have fun with my friends as opposed to actually celebrating my being. so tonight, it was nice to celebrate something as trivial as a new job.