Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I Still Suck At Riding The MBTA

it's always an interesting ride home on the mbta. today was no different. apparently, there was an electrical fire at the downtown crossing station today during the commute home. i met my friend (hot amy) at the platform of park street station. the platform was absolutely full of smoke. this was going to be one of those days where i suck at riding the mbta.

anyway, as we were supposed to meet my other friend (jen), we decided to walk to south station. we figured with the fire and all, the trains would most definitely be delayed. (pictured below is hot amy in front of one of the fire trucks outside downtown crossing.)



well, we met up with jen. with the train delays, however, we decided to have a couple of drinks at clarke's located in south station. yum... apple martinis. the drinks were like shots... they were still good nonetheless. as well, we decided to call my other friend (carlos) who was also just getting out of work. (pictured below is jen as we waited for carlos to arrive at south station.)



anyway, after drinks... we were lucky enough to take the mbta commuter rail (even though the mbta people were not exactly the most friendliest people to deal with). i have never taken the commuter rail, so this was my first time. it was very exciting, especially to be there with my friends. (pictured below is carlos and hot amy.)



for the record... the commuter rail... love it in comparison to the regular subway. the commuter rail is much faster. too bad it was my first and probably last commuter rail ride ever. we arrived at quincy center station in no time... and thanks to hot amy, i got chauffeur service to my car.

needless to say, for what normally would have been an awful train ride home, i had a great time with my friends. i love my friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

damn mbta.....i'm really glad i left work early yesterday.