Monday, May 19, 2008

I Still Suck At Riding The MBTA

considering today was my first day back to work after my vacation, i must say that i have had a pretty good day. i got to have lunch with my friend (hot amy). and i got to take the mbta subway train home with hot amy and my friends (aimee and carlos).

now, i still suck at riding the mbta. today, when i arrived at the subway platform at park street station, i noticed hot amy and aimee talking to each other. in fact, i almost walked into hot amy from behind before i realized it was her (damn those sunglasses. perhaps i really should consider not wearing them down on the subway platform. for anyone curious, i wear my sunglasses at night... so i can... so i can...)

anyway, even though i almost walked into hot amy, neither her nor aimee noticed that it was me. naturally, i concocted a plan. had i been younger, i would have tickled hot amy or aimee from behind (just below their rib cage). (i used to do this when i was younger and my fellow victim would squirm, laugh, and scream.) well, seeing as how we were on a crowded subway platform, i figured tickling would not be the best course of action.

so, i did the next best thing... i walked until i was a couple of feet behind both hot amy and aimee, pulled out my cell phone, and called them. i attempted calling hot amy first, but she did not answer her phone. so, i called aimee instead. when aimee answered her phone, she had asked where i was... to which i laughed and replied that i was two feet behind her. i don't know if they found my plan as humorous as i did, but i sure got a kick out of it.

needless to say, we got to ride the subway train home together. carlos actually joined us as well. i did not notice him (because of my sunglasses apparently) but he got on our subway car just in time before the doors closed. he was apparently chatting with some mysterious blonde who also made the car with us. (perhaps he was trying to make a certain someone jealous. just kidding. it wouldn't work anyway because she was old and not too hot... i've seen hotter.) there was actually something familiar with that mysterious blonde. i'm not sure where i have seen her before, but i have a feeling she works in the same building as my current company.

anyway, it was a fun train ride home. we got to hang out, laugh, and be silly. i even got to play the role of the weird guy on the train who sings as i sang a few lines of a tune that could be heard through someone's headphones. it's the silly things that make my day.

(pictured below is aimee and hot amy on the train. aimee is the one with the hand in front of her face.)





after the train ride home, i even got chauffeuring service to my parents' house... and all i had to do was carry a projector... no lint cleaning. what a bargain! anyway, i had a good day today. if only all my days at work could be like that.