Monday, April 7, 2008

I Suck At Pot Luck

this weekend, i attended an impromptu pot luck party.

karen had plans during the day to go to... what she called... a "lotion" party. yes, it sounds so dirty. basically, it was a party that sold moisturizing products and all that stuff. anyway, that left me by my lonesome.

as it turns out, my friend (jen) decided to host a pot luck party. as the theme was mexican, we had to bring things to create tacos. unfortunately, i suck at pot luck. i brought the lettuce, cheese, salsa (newman's own), diet soda, and a bottle of wine. my friend (kerry) brought the taco shells (both hard and soft) and the dessert. looking back, i probably should have titled this post "i suck at keeping my food journal" because i basically devoured anything and everything, making it tough to keep a log of. needless to say, everything was delicious. i definitely think we should have pot lucks more often. (in fact, i hear kerry wants to host the next one.)

afterwards, we basically hung out and had fun. after the lotion party, karen stopped by (to drive me home). all in all, it was definitely a great time. i got to hang out and be one of the girls (which does not happen too often). (pictured below is karen with pugsley)

No comments: