Monday, April 7, 2008

I Suck At Hangovers

in terms of food intake and keeping a journal, this weekend has definitely been a bad weekend. first, there was the day of the pot luck where i devoured everything. then the following day, i basically devoured nothing. so i guess the two days balance out in terms of calories.

anyway, the reason for my lack of appetite yesterday was because i was hungover. up until yesterday, i have never been hungover. so, this was my first experience. i must say, i suck at hangovers.

normally, when i drink excess amounts of alcohol, i'm perfectly fine and functioning the next day. karen used to get angry with me because i could drink so much and not feel any adverse effects. i think she was more annoyed that i would not be learning my lesson after a night of boozing. needless to say, i had prided myself on my liver... until yesterday.

little did i know, my liver has met its match... and its name is wine. granted, i have been a little inebriated from drinking wine before. for some reason, this time was different. i think, in part, because up until the pot luck party on saturday, i have never polished off an entire bottle of wine by myself. after experiencing the hangover yesterday, i would not recommend drinking an entire bottle of wine again.

i was basically a zombie yesterday. i was lethargic. my mind couldn't concentrate. i had no appetite. it was awful.

1 comment:

Kerry said...

at the age of 33, it's about time!