Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I Still Suck At Weighing In

since i've started my high intensity interval training, i chose thursdays as my normal weigh in day because that is the usual day i see my friends (marc and kelley) who happen to own a scale. (i don't own a scale.) needless to say, today is wednesday. i had to move my weigh in day forward in the week because marc and kelley will be busy on thursdays for a while. kelley recently got a new job and her company has a kickball league which she and marc are joining. the league plays on thursdays. thus, the need for moving my weigh in day.

that said, i still suck at weighing in. today, i stepped on the scale at their place. the magic number for today is 182.4 pounds. compared to six days ago (which was the last time i weighed myself at marc and kelley's), i have lost 1.6 pounds. the weight loss equates to a difference of 0.87%.

in addition to the weight loss from the high intensity interval training, i'm quite happy to know that i can lose weight while not maintaining a food journal. for a while, i was concerned that i was fooling myself into thinking that i was eating with the same habits as when i was using the food journal, when in fact i was not. my concern worsened when i did not lose weight one week and consequently gained weight the next week while not using the food journal.

since i haven't been using a food journal, i do feel more at ease to find that i have lost some weight. thus, those two weekly weigh ins could have been aberrations as a result of my wine hangover and recovery. this is yet another lesson to be learned... don't drink an entire bottle of wine by yourself...

anyway, i have a little over a week left of this high intensity interval training. so hopefully soon i can have more of a quantitative assessment of this experiment.

No comments: