Friday, November 6, 2009

I Suck At V

In the wee hours of Tuesday night / Wednesday morning, I decided to watch the premiere of V. Now, I suck at V.

According to my friend Wikipedia:

"V is a science fiction franchise created by American writer, producer and director Kenneth Johnson about an invading alien race known as 'The Visitors' (reptilian humanoids disguised as human beings) trying to take over Earth, and the human Resistance group attempting to stop them.

It debuted in 1983 as the two-part television miniseries V, written and directed by Johnson. It was followed in 1984 by a three-part miniseries, V: The Final Battle, and a one-hour weekly television series, V (sometimes referred to as V: The Series) during the 1984-85 television season."

(The video below is from the V television series.)


As a child of the 80s, I grew up watching the miniseries and the television series. I have not seen anything in relation to that 80s television show until that YouTube video just now. And might I add... Wow, talk about dated. Nice costumes and hair. But I guess that can be said for a lot of shows.

Aside from the 80s hair, the most memorable scene in my opinion of the entire V universe was when the leader of the V, played by Jane Badler, swallowed an entire guinea pig whole. At the time, I thought it was cool. Of course, I was just a kid when I saw it on television. I doubt the effects are even that great, but back then I thought it cool.

The only other things that I remember about the V series in the 80s was that it starred Marc "Beast Master" Singer and that show also featured a young Robert Englund (a.k.a. Freddy Krueger).

Anyway, I am excited to see how this new version of V turns out. So far, the first episode was okay. The new series features Elizabeth Mitchell (Juliet of Lost fame), Morris Chestnut, and Scott Wolf (Bailey of Party of Five fame).

No comments: