Sunday, November 29, 2009

I Suck At Thanksgiving

Thursday was turkey day. Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Too bad I suck at Thanksgiving.

To start off the day of giving thanks, I got to practice my needle injection skills like the mad IV drug junkie that I am. Actually, I got to practice my mad skills on Karen.

For anyone curious, with the upcoming pregnancy, Karen has been prescribed progesterone. According to my friend, Wikipedia, "progesterone is sometimes called the 'hormone of pregnancy' and it has many roles relating to the development of the fetus." In particular, progesterone helps with preventing early child birth.

With everything that happened with our son (Braden) last year, the doctors recommended the use of progesterone as a precaution with this upcoming pregnancy. Better to be safe than sorry, that's for sure.

Anyway, Thanksgiving was the first time I ever used a syringe and injected someone. The actual process was not that bad. Sadly, the hardest part was figuring out how to fill the syringe with progesterone.

Luckily, I had a brief lesson with one of the nurses last week on what to do. And since Karen was nice to me, I did my best to inject the needle as gently as I could. For anyone curious, Karen could not do the injection herself because the shot needed to be intramuscular... into the butt.

Needless to say, the shot went off without a hitch. And now my drug use can run rampant. Just kidding.

Following the shot, Karen and I headed off to my in-laws for Thanksgiving dinner. Dinner was great. My parents were also invited to the dinner. Having both parents present made things easier for Thanksgiving in terms of making the rounds to see parents. As a plus, I think my parents enjoyed themselves. They seemed like they had a great time.

Thanksgiving was small, with it being my parents, my in-laws, Karen, and I, but it was nice. I had a good time. My mother-in-law thought it was funny because she had never seen me fall asleep before. I wish I could blame it on the legendary tryptophan excuse, but my tiredness was just sheer exhaustion as I had stayed up rather late the previous two nights.

Anyway, after dinner, my in-laws, Karen and I made a little quick visit to Karen's grandmother at the nursing home. It was nice seeing nana, especially on Thanksgiving. There was, of course, some interesting family issue with the upcoming holiday visit from some of the relatives. But that is just normal. I have learned to accept that "rigamaroles" are a part of the in-laws.

All in all, it was a good Thanksgiving.

3 comments:

oakleyses said...

hollister, lululemon outlet online, true religion outlet, louis vuitton, nike trainers, sac louis vuitton, sac louis vuitton, sac longchamp, polo lacoste, longchamp, timberland, air max, north face, nike air max, michael kors pas cher, abercrombie and fitch, air force, nike tn, nike free pas cher, sac hermes, air max, louis vuitton uk, nike roshe, nike roshe run, michael kors, nike free, mulberry, new balance pas cher, sac guess, air jordan, ray ban pas cher, louboutin, nike blazer, barbour, hollister, oakley pas cher, north face, true religion outlet, vans pas cher, vanessa bruno, polo ralph lauren, air max pas cher, ralph lauren, sac burberry, converse pas cher, michael kors, ray ban sunglasses, nike huarache, hogan outlet

oakleyses said...

ugg boots, nike roshe run, marc jacobs, canada goose jackets, new balance shoes, vans shoes, wedding dresses, ugg, insanity workout, lululemon outlet, ferragamo shoes, babyliss pro, abercrombie and fitch, beats by dre, instyler, ugg boots, hollister, mcm handbags, celine handbags, rolex watches, jimmy choo outlet, soccer shoes, birkin bag, north face outlet, herve leger, canada goose, nfl jerseys, chi flat iron, ugg pas cher, ghd, giuseppe zanotti, reebok outlet, ugg australia, asics running shoes, longchamp, canada goose outlet, soccer jerseys, ugg boots clearance, uggs, mont blanc, north face jackets, canada goose, mac cosmetics, p90x, valentino shoes, uggs outlet, canada goose, bottega veneta

oakleyses said...

louis vuitton, air max, converse shoes, thomas sabo, iphone 6 cases, rolex watches, hollister, moncler, hollister clothing store, swarovski, canada goose, montre homme, gucci, supra shoes, moncler, canada goose, pandora charms, toms shoes, moncler, parajumpers, baseball bats, timberland boots, ray ban, links of london, moncler, oakley, swarovski crystal, vans, lancel, air max, coach outlet store online, moncler, moncler outlet, ugg, juicy couture outlet, ralph lauren, wedding dresses, ugg, converse, moncler, canada goose uk, pandora jewelry, louboutin, hollister, karen millen, pandora charms, juicy couture outlet