Saturday, November 21, 2009

I Suck At Hanging Out With My Friend

On Thursday, Karen and I hung out with my friends (Marc and Kelley). We had pushed back our weekly get-together to Thursday as Marc had planned to attend something for school on Wednesday. As it turned out, Karen also had a meeting herself on Wednesday with the Friends of the Norwell Public Library. So Thursday it was.

For dinner, Marc created a pasta dish with garlic bread and homemade turkey meatballs. It was delicious. For dessert, Kelley had made some apple bread. The apple bread was also very good, which comes as no surprise because Kelley is quite the baker. In my act of instigating, I would like to see Kelley and my BFF (Kerry) have a bake-off. (For anyone curious, Kerry has been historically praised for her mad baking skills.) I think a bake-off between both of them would be cool. Of course, that's just my opinion. I am just hoping to benefit from eating the baked goods.

Needless to say, the meal was delicious. In fact, the meal was so good that I practically passed out from a food coma during an episode of the world's greatest television show ever: Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I must have gorged myself because it was so hard to keep my eyes open while we were watching the episode.

For anyone curious, the episode of Buffy that we watched was "Life Serial", about Sunnydales's three criminal geek masterminds testing Buffy's abilities. It was a comical episode. It's a good thing that I've watched Buffy many times because I had pass out due to the food coma.

Anyway, I shortly came out of my coma thanks to my good friend... sugar. (I had some raspberry lemonade... yum!) And as luck would have it, I came out of my coma just as my friend (Scott) stopped by. Scott lives in New York, but happened to be back in Massachusetts for work. As he was in the neighborhood, he thought he'd stop by.

As always, it was great to see Scott. I don't see my friend, Scott enough. In fact, I suck at hanging out with my friend. We had placed bets on what Scott would be having for dinner that night because Scott is a funny eater. (Scott is not much for vegetables.) Needless to say, he surprised us with a meal from Boston Market... a meal complete with two sides of mashed potatoes.

Needless to say, it was a great night to hang out and laugh with everyone. It was good seeing Scott again.