Friday, November 6, 2009

I Suck At Being Sick

Sadly, I don't remember much from yesterday. If only the cause of my memory blockage were booze. Unfortunately, I was not so lucky to be inebriated. I was simply sick. I suck at being sick.

As my niece (Kaleigh) would have been quick to point out, she has had a cough for 10 days. In my case, however, I am approaching day three. The symptoms of my sickness first manifested while waiting for Karen during her procedure. Of course, my staying up late the night before to watch the premiere of V did not help things either I am sure. I should probably consider myself lucky that I was able to remain by Karen's bedside as she waited for the anesthesia to wear off.

On Wednesday night, I remember crashing once we got home from the hospital. And apparently, on Thursday I pretty much remained in bed all day, which is sad seeing as how I was supposed to be taking care of Karen after her procedure. I'm a little disappointed with myself that way. After all, how was I supposed to take care of Karen when I couldn't take care of myself?

Anyway, I am feeling a little better today. At least I got up out of bed today.

No comments: