Sunday, November 22, 2009

I Suck At UFC

Yesterday turned out to be quite the busy day.

The morning began with my waffle making experience. Following breakfast, I ended up doing a little home improvement project at my favorite sister-in-law's (Janine).

For anyone curious, I helped my favorite brother-in-law (PJ) build a ramp for his shed so that he could fit his ride-on lawn mower into the shed. And yes, we were able to successfully build the ramp within the day... so the lawn mower is now in his shed and not the garage.

After that, Karen and I hung out with our friends (Marc and Kelley). Marc and Kelley organized a little get together for the UFC pay-per-view for the night. For anyone curious, the main event featured a rematch of Tito Ortiz and Forrest Griffin. There technically was another co-main event between Josh Koscheck and Anthony Johnson too, but I think Ortiz and Griffin were the bigger names. Anyway, I suck at UFC.

As the UFC pay-per-view was starting late, we decided to catch a couple of episodes of the greatest television show ever: Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The episodes that we watched were "All the Way", which was the Halloween episode about Dawn going out on Halloween and getting mixed up with a couple of vampires; and "Once More, with Feeling", which was the famous musical episode.

Interestingly enough, the "All the Way" episode starred Amber Tamblyn as Dawn's friend Janice. For anyone curious, Amber Tamblyn is one quarter of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. She played Tibby in the Sisterhood. Yes, it's sad that I even know that fact.

Needless to say, the musical episode "Once More, with Feeling" was awesome. The episode was very well done. It is probably the best episode of season six in my opinion.

Anyway, after Buffy the four of us watched the UFC pay-per-view. As we were watching, I thought it would be cool to see my friend's (Aimee) husband (Jim) fighting in the octagon for UFC. Yes, my mind does have tangent thoughts some time.

Jim, who I consider the "Deadliest Friend", teaches mixed martial arts. I would definitely not mess with him. Regardless, it would be cool to see him fight at a UFC pay-per-view. I would fight if I could. The only problem is... I don't want anyone to hurt my pretty face... and I definitely don't want to risk getting cauliflower ears. And most likely, I would bleed profusely from my nose because I have a sensitive nose. So maybe I can live vicariously and convince Jim to fight in the octagon ring for UFC. (I have a feeling that my chances of convincing Jim are similar to my chances of convincing my friend Cass to run for mayor of Quincy...)

Of course, Marc also had a great idea. We could just be in the entourage. Apparently, there does not seem to be much involved in being part of the fighter's entourage. Based on the pay-per-view, all a member of the entourage has to do is hug the fighter and attach a sign to the ring. Those tasks do not seem too difficult, even for a person who doesn't like to hug such as myself.

Anyway, I will still have to convince Jim. I'll work on that. All in all, the UFC pay-per-view was fun to watch. It was a great time hanging out as usual. I must admit, I am actually a little excited about the next UFC pay-per-view now.

No comments: