Friday, November 6, 2009

I Suck At Five Guys

Tuesday was quite the busy day.

At work, my coworkers and I decided to go out for lunch. We ended up eating at Five Guys located in Swampscott. Now, I suck at Five Guys. I have never been to Five Guys but I have heard great things about their burgers. Since the Five Guys location in Swampscott was relatively new, we decided to give it a go.

Needless to say, the food was delicious. For anyone curious, the regular burger is a two-patty burger. Their "little" size is a one patty burger. Of course, I went for the two-patty burger with large cajun fries. It was very good. I was so stuffed following lunch. I would definitely go back to Five Guys.

After work, Karen and I ran a little errand at Target located in Hanover. We were looking for energy saving curtains. As well, I had my guilty pleasure moment of purchasing a new cd that was released on Tuesday. For anyone curious, that new cd was Glee: The Music, Volume 1. Glee is one of those new television shows that I enjoy watching this season. It just cracks me up.

Anyway, while leaving Target, Karen and I saw my friends (Ron and Trinh) and their family. Ron and Trinh, and their kids, were just arriving as we were leaving. It was nice to see them. And I must say, their kids are very cute. The middle child (Aree) was being dramatic and did not want to be buckled into the shopping carriage. It was cute.

Unfortunately, we could not chat that long with Ron and Trinh. We were actually running a little late for another get together with my friends (Hugh and Jenny) and their children. Jenny and Karen have been trying to find a time to get together. As well, Karen wanted to tell Jenny about her pregnancy. So, we were supposed to meet Jenny and Hugh at Friendly's in Hanover, which was just up the street from the Target.

It was nice seeing Hugh and Jenny again. Unfortunately, I was still a little stuffed from the Five Guys experience to eat that much at Friendly's. But, I had ice cream! It probably goes without saying that Hugh and Jenny were happy to hear the news.

All in all, it was nice busy day.