Sunday, November 15, 2009

I Suck At Hanging Out With My BFF

Yesterday was one of those dreary rainy days where you can stay home all day, veg out, and watch television. With the terrible weather, Karen and I had other plans. Karen and I, along with my friends (Marc and Kelley), decided to visit historic Salem. On the agenda for the night: a witch hunt. Just kidding.

Interestingly enough, the weather was not that awful on the drive up to Salem. In fact, the clouds only poured buckets of rain while we were actually in Salem. It was like the clouds knew when we crossed the city line.

Anyway, the real reason why we were visiting Salem was to see my BFF (Kerry). Being proactive, Kerry asked earlier in the week if all of us were around this weekend. Naturally, I couldn't pass up an opportunity to hang out with my BFF. After all, I suck at hanging out with my BFF.

Kerry makes numerous trips down from Salem to visit all of us. So, we figured that it was only fair to make the long trip up north of Boston. That's what friends do, right? Plus, I have a feeling that Marc and Kelley wanted to see Kerry's cat (Max). There was so a dirty pun in there, but I resisted.

Needless to say, I think all of us had a great time hanging out with Kerry. It turns out that Kerry made a huge purchase for the day: that purchase being a 32" flat panel television. By the time we arrived, Kerry already had the television assembled and sitting on her fireplace mantel, complete with the stickers still on it.

We ended up watching some college football on the new television in high definition. I sometimes wonder how did we ever watch television without high definition. Things in HD are just so much clearer. I love HD. As a random thought, I wonder how long it will it take my friend (Hot Amy) to get high definition. After all, it was just recently, after 30+ years, that she got the entertainment marvel known as cable television. If she were to keep the same rate, she will be a senior citizen when she finally gets HD. It was just a random thought.

Anyway, Kerry's new television is nice. For dinner, we decided to order takeout from King's located right up the street from Kerry. King's, not to be confused with the bowling alley, is a sub shop located in Salem. Apparently, the tag line for King's is that they have famous roast beef and seafood.

The last time I ate at King's, I tried the seafood. In my opinion, the seafood was anything but famous. Thus, I have a feeling that the conjunction "and" in King's claim may be a little misleading. I have a feeling that the claim is more "famous roast beef" and oh-by-the-way-we-have seafood, as opposed to famous roast beef and famous seafood. Again, that's just my opinion.

The roast beef at King's is actually very good. Marc and I both ordered the Super Beef, which is served on an onion roll. Marc had the special sauce on his order, while I opted for plain. Needless to say, the sandwich was good. And there was a lot of beef. I guess that is why they call it "super".

All in all, it was a fun night hanging out with everyone. Kelley and I also experimented with some whiskey concoctions. So naturally it made for a good night.

No comments: