Sunday, November 15, 2009

I Suck At Celebrating My Father-In-Law's Birthday

Today, Karen and I visited my favorite sister-in-law's (Janine) for lunch. On the agenda for the day was a birthday celebration for my father-in-law. Unfortunately, I suck at celebrating my father-in-law's birthday.

Originally, the celebration was to have been held last weekend. Unfortunately, my favorite brother-in-law (PJ) came down with the ever popular H1N1 flu last week. So naturally, the celebration had to be rescheduled.

As a side note, I dislike the panic and hysteria that the media has created over the H1N1 flu. Don't get me wrong. I understand that H1N1 can be fatal. It, however, does the public no good to create panic over the recent shortage of flu shots. That's just my opinion.

Anyway, Janine and PJ actually arrived a few minutes earlier than Karen and I. Janine and PJ had spent the previous day at the MIT Endicott House located in Dedham. They got to become chefs for the day in what sounded like a remarkable experience.

So while Janine and PJ were away, my in-laws were watching my niece (Kaleigh) and nephew (PJ). My in-laws actually spent the night at Janine and PJ's. When Karen and I arrived, my mother-in-law was making the main course for the birthday celebration.

Needless to say, it was interesting. I think there may have been some initial stress while my mother-in-law was making the meal. After all, it's understandable. If I were return home to find my mother rummaging through the cupboards looking for things to cook her meal, I might be a little stressed too. Heck, I get stressed just having my own mother over my house.

All in all, I think my father-in-law enjoyed his birthday celebration.