Friday, November 27, 2009

I Suck At Imperial Terrace

On Wednesday, my friend (Jen) organized a little pre-Thanksgiving get-together. The get-together consisted of dinner at the Imperial Terrace located in Quincy. Now, I suck at Imperial Terrace.

For anyone curious, the Imperial Terrace is a restaurant specializing in Chinese food, and not just any Chinese food. The place specializes in American Chinese food that consists of greasy... everything... that will eventually make you hungry again within the hour.

Truth be told, I don't particularly like Chinese food... at least not the type at so-called Chinese restaurants. I may have been spoiled growing up because my mother cooked real Chinese food that tasted great and was not at all greasy. Needless to say, the food at these other restaurants just never compared to my mother's cooking. Thus, I never particularly enjoyed eating at these restaurants.

Nevertheless, Jen was gracious enough to organize the shindig. Consequently, the Imperial Terrace was a great reason to simply hang out with friends and have a good time.

Making it to the shindig were my friends (Marc, Kelley, Carlos), Jen, her brother (Bill), a couple of Bill's friends, my friend (Hot Amy) and her sister (Terri), Karen and I. There were a bunch of us. Unfortunately, we sat at a rectangular table. And for anyone who knows me, they would know that I have a dislike of rectangular tables when it comes to large parties (because people at the ends of these tables are never included in the conversations at the other end of the table).

Although truth be told, it was probably good that we were at a rectangular table on Wednesday. As I had been a little inebriated beforehand with my drinking buddy (Kelley), I had the latest Miley Cyrus song stuck in my head.

(The video below is the Miley Cyrus song that was stuck in my head.)


I'm not proud of the fact that I enjoy the Miley Cyrus song. Sadly, the song is just so darn catchy. Regardless, in my inebriated state, I may have repeated lyrics from the song a few thousand times. I, of course, butchered the song because I do not actually know the lyrics. So I may have been making no sense whatsoever with my constant rendition of the song on Wednesday.

Anyway, I'm afraid I don't remember much from the Imperial Terrace... other than the scorpion bowl that Kelley and I shared... and Miley Cyrus. So like I said, it may have been better that we were seated at the end of the rectangular table.

Following dinner, a bunch of us headed back to Jen and Bill's place. It was fun to hang out with Jen, Hot Amy, and Carlos, whom I really haven't seen much of late. From what I can remember, Hot Amy challenged me to a macaroni and cheese throw down. I don't remember if we wagered anything or not. Of course, a wager would not matter much anyway. There is no doubt that I will beat Hot Amy. She is pre-disposed to losing. And luckily, she is a glutton for punishment which makes it fun.

As is my nature, I may have angered Hot Amy a little with my ribbing. I forget how the subject of her significant other (Mark) came up, but he did. Mark works for MIT's Lincoln Labs. For anyone curious, Lincoln Labs is federal funded by the government for the area of research and development. Due to the nature of his work, Mark cannot tell anyone what he actually does at MIT's Lincoln Labs. Naturally, I joked that Mark was the janitor there. For the record, I don't think there is anything wrong with being a janitor. I just happened to know that it would annoy Hot Amy.

Needless to say, Carlos enjoyed my joke a lot. He kept laughing at the thought. Yeah, I'm a stinker. But it was funny to get under Hot Amy's skin. She's a good sport about my jokes. I could definitely see that she was getting a little angry with me.

Speaking of Mark, my other friend (Marc) actually watched a little of Fox's Glee while at Jen's. Jen was recording the show which happened to be on while we were there. Sadly, Marc is not a big fan of Glee. It's too bad. I love Glee. The show is one of my guilty pleasures.

Go Quinn Fabray! Yes, I may be drawn to the show due to the blond cheerleader. It's not my fault. I'm attracted to shiny objects. And, I feel robbed of my high school cheerleading experience because the cheerleaders at my high school... definitely looked nothing like television. Sure, they may have had the attitude... just not the flexibility or cheer...

Anyway, it was definitely a fun night. I'm glad Jen organized the get-together. I had a great time.

3 comments:

oakleyses said...

ray ban sunglasses, polo ralph lauren, air max, true religion jeans, burberry outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet, kate spade handbags, oakley sunglasses cheap, michael kors outlet, air max, michael kors outlet online sale, louis vuitton outlet, nike shoes, michael kors outlet, coach purses, louboutin, nike free, prada handbags, gucci outlet, longchamp handbags, christian louboutin, tory burch outlet, jordan shoes, coach outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton handbags, louboutin outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton outlet, longchamp outlet, kate spade outlet, true religion jeans, louis vuitton, coach factory outlet, burberry outlet, oakley sunglasses, prada outlet, coach outlet store online, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, oakley sunglasses, tiffany and co, chanel handbags, longchamp handbags, tiffany and co

oakleyses said...

hollister, lululemon outlet online, true religion outlet, louis vuitton, nike trainers, sac louis vuitton, sac louis vuitton, sac longchamp, polo lacoste, longchamp, timberland, air max, north face, nike air max, michael kors pas cher, abercrombie and fitch, air force, nike tn, nike free pas cher, sac hermes, air max, louis vuitton uk, nike roshe, nike roshe run, michael kors, nike free, mulberry, new balance pas cher, sac guess, air jordan, ray ban pas cher, louboutin, nike blazer, barbour, hollister, oakley pas cher, north face, true religion outlet, vans pas cher, vanessa bruno, polo ralph lauren, air max pas cher, ralph lauren, sac burberry, converse pas cher, michael kors, ray ban sunglasses, nike huarache, hogan outlet

oakleyses said...

louis vuitton, air max, converse shoes, thomas sabo, iphone 6 cases, rolex watches, hollister, moncler, hollister clothing store, swarovski, canada goose, montre homme, gucci, supra shoes, moncler, canada goose, pandora charms, toms shoes, moncler, parajumpers, baseball bats, timberland boots, ray ban, links of london, moncler, oakley, swarovski crystal, vans, lancel, air max, coach outlet store online, moncler, moncler outlet, ugg, juicy couture outlet, ralph lauren, wedding dresses, ugg, converse, moncler, canada goose uk, pandora jewelry, louboutin, hollister, karen millen, pandora charms, juicy couture outlet