Sunday, January 18, 2009

I Suck At Wii Bowling

saturday night was my big showdown with my friend (hot amy). for anyone curious, hot amy and i have been having competitive wagers against one another. it all started with the tennis challenge in which i defeated her in the sport she played in high school... tennis. (i had never played competitive tennis... unless you consider that one time i played with my ex-girlfriend who i lovingly call "the scourge of evil".)

anyway, this time the challenge was wii bowling. hot amy received the wii for christmas. naturally, she challenged me to wii bowling as it was a game that she was very good at. of course, i don't own a wii. i still have the gamer mentality that the wii is not really a gaming console, and has thus refused to get one. nonetheless, i agreed to the challenge. the wager: homemade pizza.

in all honesty, i figured this would be the challenge that i would finally lose to hot amy. after all, i don't own the wii and i am terrible at real bowling. so things were looking pretty good in 2009 for hot amy. even my friend (jen) thought that this would be the challenge that i would lose because jen has seen hot amy play wii bowling and knows how good she is at it. jen, by the way, apparently knows "the secret" to wii bowling.

well, karen and i invited a bunch of our friends (jen, kerry, carlos, and hot amy), my favorite sister-in-law (janine), my favorite brother-in-law (pj) and my nephew (pj) over to witness the inevitable triumph of hot amy.

(the video below is of hot amy wii bowling while karen and jen watch.)


unfortunately for hot amy, things didn't go quite according to plan. whether it was the sensei-student training that i had with hot amy's father earlier or the home field advantage of having the bowling challenge at our place... the stars were simply aligned in my favor on saturday night. hot amy probably had her worst bowling string while i had a fairly decent one. in the end, i was victorious.

it simply was not a good night for hot amy. she subsequently lost the other games against me as well that night. carlos, on the other hand, whupped my butt in boxing. (i still think it would be cool to have a wii boxing tournament... but that's just me. boxing on wii, by the way... very tiring and difficult.)

anyway, looking back... i almost feel guilty for defeating hot amy... again. i'm sure i'll get over the guilt though, because i'm sure the homemade pizza will taste really good. better luck next time, hot amy!

No comments: