Thursday, January 8, 2009

I Suck At Buffy The Vampire Slayer

last night, karen and i hung out with my friends (marc and kelley). it was, after all, a wednesday night and wednesday nights are prince spaghetti night. the four of us ate pizza... marc was gracious enough to make pizza for all of us. by the way, the pizza was very good.

anyway, as the four of us ate pizza, we watched a few more episodes from season three of the greatest show ever: buffy the vampire slayer. now, i suck at buffy the vampire slayer. sadly, we were only able to watch three episodes: "beauty and the beasts", "homecoming", and "band candy". i'd obviously watch more episodes if i could. come to think of it, having a buffy marathon of all seven seasons would be an awesome task to attempt. sure, the marathon of non-stop buffy episodes would take about a week (as there are seven seasons)... but it would be cool.

of the episodes last night, my favorite was "homecoming". the episode is about buffy and cordelia battling for the homecoming crown while being hunted during "slayerfest 98". ah, 1998... so long ago. one of the reasons why i liked that episode was because willow and xander finally kiss in that episode. i had always wanted the two of them to get together since the beginning of the show. sure, things turn out differently for them in the seasons following... but it was fun to watch. after all, the willow character is a cutey.

needless to say, it was another enjoyable night hanging out with marc and kelley. in addition to lending karen and i the movie "spinal tap", marc and kelley also gave me my birthday present. truth be told, i really wasn't expecting a present. after all, marc and my friend (cass)... who i think would make a great mayor of quincy... already took me to a celtics game for my birthday. so it was a pleasantly nice surprise. it's moments like that which again make me think about how great my friends truly are.

i'm sure my friend (andrea) would also appreciate my birthday present last night. (the present was season 4 of lost on dvd.) andrea has been trying to catch up on lost before the new season starts.

anyway, as usual... i had a good time last night... hanging out with my friends and enjoying the greatest tv show ever: buffy the vampire slayer.

No comments: