Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I Still Suck At Buffy The Vampire Slayer

tonight, karen and i hung out with my friends (marc and kelley). after all, wednesdays are prince spaghetti nights and we all know what happens on prince spaghetti nights. sadly, we will be needing to move our usual wednesday get together as karen will be teaching a course at simmons college with my friend (hot amy). as well, marc will be taking a course of his own on wednesdays. so, it all works out in the end.

anyway, marc was gracious enough to cook dinner tonight. he wanted to try out a new recipe... that recipe: sweet and sour chicken. i must say, the dish was good. i'm not a big fan of chinese food (probably because i have been spoiled by my mother), so for me to say the sweet and sour chicken was good... is good. besides, i typically enjoy everything marc makes. he will probably take offense to this comment, but marc is like the rachael ray within my circle of friends in that he can make a good meal within 30 minutes... just without the e.v.o.o. (marc would probably prefer tyler florence... his man-crush.)

regardless, the sweet and sour chicken was delicious. and as usual, we watched three more episodes of the greatest show ever: buffy the vampire slayer. (yes, i still suck at buffy the vampire slayer.) the three episodes from season 3 that we watched were: "revelations", "lovers walk", and "the wish".

all three episodes were great. "revelations" started the downward spiral for faith; "lovers walk" featured the return of a heartbroken spike; and "the wish" introduced the character anya, as well as the bizarro world featuring willow and xander as vampires.

of the three, my favorite episode was "lovers walk". what can i say... i sometimes enjoy the romantic aspect of certain shows. and as the character spike says: "I may be love's bitch, but at least I'm man enough to admit it." of course, spike also had a bunch of other great lines too... like "She wouldn't even kill me. She just left. She didn't even care enough to cut off my head or set me on fire. I mean, is that too much to ask? You know, some little sign that she cared?"

granted, the show came well after my ex-girlfriend whom i lovingly refer to as "the scourge of evil", but i remember feeling the same way when that relationship ended. perhaps my empathy with spike is why i enjoy that episode so much. who knows?

anyway, as usual it was great to hang out with marc and kelley. i had a lot of fun, especially when kelley had to shuffle to the dvd player to change discs. her foot apparently fell asleep. consequently, she had to shuffle herself to the dvd player like an old person who pooped in their pants. it was entertaining to watch... if only i had my camera.

speaking of kell, apparently she forgot to stir some cells or something. hopefully, tomorrow, the cells will be okay. those crazy scientists...

No comments: