Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I Suck At Coop's

tonight was supposed to be the start of my chauffeuring services for the year. by chauffeuring services, i mean i was going to be doing my best driving miss daisy impersonation shuttling my friend (hot amy) and karen home from simmons college. hot amy and karen are teaching a nutrition course wednesday nights at simmons.

due to inclement weather consisting of snow and slush, however, my chauffeuring services were not needed. simmons college canceled classes for the night. thus, i was off the hook in terms of driving the two miss daisies.

before the cancellation of the class, my original plan was to meet up with my friend (carlos) for a quick dinner at one of his favorite restaurants... the hancock tavern located in quincy... before heading into town to pick up hot amy and karen. carlos has been wanting to hang out for some time with me.

needless to say, with the cancellation of classes at simmons college, hot amy and karen were able to join us for dinner. it's probably just as well because i'm sure carlos would rather hang out with company other than just myself. instead of going to the hancock tavern, we decided to go to coop's located in quincy. i probably should clarify that. hot amy decided to go to coop's located in quincy. coop's should probably come as no surprise to anyone who knows hot amy. after all, it is one of the few places that she likes to go to (predictable?).

too bad i suck at coop's. don't get me wrong. the food at coop's is good. i just fail to see the constant allure of the place, much like i fail to see the constant allure of the bar formerly known as sarsfields in quincy. but that is just my opinion.

anyway, i had coop's cheese pizza for dinner. apparently, on mondays, tuesdays, and wednesdays from 5pm to 9pm, the 10" cheese pizza is two dollars. (here is where i inject the line "i want my two dollars" from one of the best movies from the 1980s... "better off dead".) for two dollars, why not try it? what a deal, especially considering the fact that i didn't have anything to drink with the meal other than water.

and with what has become commonplace when dining with karen and hot amy, i got to sample some of their meals too. so all in all, it was good. i even have lunch for tomorrow thanks to hot amy who thought her meatball sub smelled funny. for anyone curious, the meatball sub smelled like... a meatball sub. i think her nose must be stuffed up or something.

regardless, it was an interesting time. i sometimes wonder if carlos (and hot amy) think that karen and i are fairly odd. after all, we told carlos the story about how karen and i ended up together (because carlos asked). i always like to tell the story that in high school karen broke my heart and dumped me for my friend (garv), who happens to be quite the intellectual according to hot amy. karen, obviously, tells the story a different way.

among the other things that we talked about were my ex-girlfriend, who i loving refer to as the "scourge of evil"... hot amy's latin debating club... carlos's "d" in spanish (yes, carlos is fluent in spanish)... and whether or not hot amy and i were in the same class in college. oh... for anyone curious, carlos actually graduated the same year... from the same college... as my friend (andrea) and myself. the interesting thing is... none of us knew each other back then. small world.

another tidbit of information that i found interesting is that hot amy is having lunch tomorrow with my friend (dave), who i used to work with in town. (carlos will be at the lunch too.) the reason i find this funny is because hot amy is now hanging out with my old work friends. it is like... in order to defeat me, she must become me. or i suppose in a bizarro world she could simply be stalking me. personally, i can think of a lot more people who are more interesting to stalk. but i guess i should be flattered. (heck, i'm flattered that dave finds me attractive.)

anyway, i had a good time tonight. it was interesting to say the least...

No comments: