Monday, November 17, 2008

I Suck At The Sunnyside Bowladrome

this past friday, i did something that i have not done since starting my job in marblehead: i hung out with my coworkers after hours.

it's not that i dislike my coworkers or anything like that. i like my coworkers a lot. they are a great bunch of people to hang out with. it's just that with my long commute home, it occasionally makes after hours events a little more difficult.

friday, however, i got to hang out with my coworkers at the sunnyside bowladrome in danvers after work. i definitely suck at the sunnyside bowladrome. after all, i have never been to the bowladrome... or anywhere in danvers. my boss had planned this outing a while ago after a bunch of us had a group luncheon in marblehead. (the luncheon was quite fun, especially since all of us got to learn about the "triple deuces" offered by a local bar in town.)

needless to say, all of us had fun bowling. it seems like all bowling alleys look the same to me... and the sunnyside bowladrome is no different. inside is usually... old... with a musty smell... although the bowladrome did have an electronic scoring system (which reminded me a lot of atari with its old-school graphics).

i am extremely terrible at bowling... although i could probably still beat my friend (hot amy). and as added proof that i am definitely getting old, the left cheek of my derriere started getting sore, as did my shoulder. who knew bowling could be such a workout?

afterwards, a bunch of my coworkers walked on over to the onion town grill, which is a restaurant directly across the street from the bowladrome. i must say, i love that name "onion town". for anyone curious, danvers is apparently famous for onions... or more importantly... the danvers onion.

anyway, my coworkers and i had a great time on friday. when my coworkers left, i was then lucky enough to hang out with karen and my friends (kerry and jen)... who were also at onion town.

while i was out an about bowling up a storm at the sunnyside bowladrome, karen and jen took the commuter rail train up to salem to meet up and hang out with kerry. i think it's been a while since the three of them just hung out together. so it was nice that they were able to hang out together... at least, i hope it was.

i don't know what they did prior to onion town... if they did do anything prior to onion town... but i was lucky enough to meet up with them at onion town.

the four of us ended up going back to salem to a pub called o'neills. in case anyone is curious, o'neills is an an irish pub and restaurant. o'neills was rather interesting. not only did they have a pub and restaurant area, they have a dance area. while we were there, the place quickly filled with people on the dance floor... although i am not sure if they were actually dancing.

needless to say, i had a great time on friday.

kerry has since offered to make pancakes for us if we stay over her place the next time we are in salem instead of heading home. yummy... pancakes!