Saturday, July 19, 2008

I Suck At Guitar Hero

last night, i got to see my bff (kerry).

kerry called asking if i wanted to do something. naturally, i said yes. as it turned out, karen was working late last night and my friend (jen) actually had plans with my favorite sister-in-law (janine).

jen, her brother (bill), janine, and my brother-in-law (pj) are spending next weekend in bayou country... also known as new orleans. (i probably could have called this post "i suck at new orleans" because i've never been to new orleans. i would love to visit new orleans some day... just to try the authentic cajun cuisine, listen to old school jazz music, etc. and sure, the occasional boobie shots wouldn't hurt either.) speaking of which, jen and janine plan on acquiring some form of beaded jewelry that weekend.

anyway, when karen finished work, all of us (karen, kerry and i) headed down to janine and pj's to meet up. and what is typical in my relationship with mother nature, it absolutely poured, complete with flashes of lightening, when we were walking to our cars. some of the streets and highways were covered in puddles of water because the rain came down so quickly. but, it was nice to finally get some rain amid this humid weather.

once at janine and pj's, we found out that pj's brother (mark) and his girlfriend (emily) were also there. they spent most of the night playing the nintendo wii. i attempted to play guitar hero. well... let's just say i suck at guitar hero. my video gaming skills are not what they used to be. don't get me wrong, i can still probably beat my friend (hot amy)... with my eyes closed. after playing guitar hero (mind you... just one song on the easy level), my hand started to hurt. i think my days playing lead guitar in a rock band are over... not that it ever started.

anyway, it was a fun time at janine and pj's. janine busted out the sugar goodness known as candy; bill and pj looked for youtube videos of breasts; kerry got janine's opinion on color swatches for her new place; and marc and emily played the wii. it was great just hanging out, talking and having fun.

No comments: