Thursday, July 10, 2008

I Suck At Fixing My Mosquito Magnet

over a week ago, the propane tank for my mosquito magnet ran out.

i love my mosquito magnet. i think they are the one of the best inventions in the world because they eliminate my most hated insect... the mosquito. (granted, i'm not sure if there exists an insect that i do like.) for the life of me, i cannot figure out the reason mosquitos are on this planet. they don't serve any usefulness in the whole balance of things within nature. they simply suck blood... possibly spread diseases... and reproduce to suck more blood. i guess you can say they are like vampires, only not as cool.

so in my attempt to be like buffy the vampire slayer (who, i might add, still kicks butt), i do derive some pleasure when the propane tank to the mosquito magnet runs out and i have to empty the net full of dead mosquitos. (there are generally a ton of dehydrated mosquitos in the net... i love it.) i imagine being a vampire slayer is equally fun.

anyway, i had gotten the propane tank refilled and awaited for the next batch of dead mosquitos for the next month. the problem was... my mosquito magnet did not restart. thinking nothing of it, i attempted to restart the mosquito magnet. it still did not restart. i tried again. it still did not restart. i kept attempting to restart the mosquito magnet to no avail.

needless to say, the mosquito magnet has not been running since the propane tank ran out. considering i live near a pond, that's never a good thing. so today, i decided to fix my mosquito magnet while karen and my bff (kerry) attended the bon jovi concert. and like bon jovi, i was going to be living on a prayer because i suck at fixing my mosquito magnet.

i really didn't do much to the mosquito magnet. i simply took the machine apart and cleaned the inside. inside the mosquito magnet was quite the view... dead mosquitos in every nook and cranny... love it! go buffy!

after some dry vac action and some 409 action, i reassembled the mosquito magnet, crossed my fingers, and hoped the machine would restart. like usual, the machine started to whir. and then... the mosquito magnet started! yay! i was so psyched...

mosquitos beware!

No comments: