Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I Suck At Walking

today is just not my day.

adding to my already forgetful state is... an ailing ankle. in fact, my ankle hurts so much right now that... i suck at walking. i have no idea how or why my ankle hurts. i haven't done any running or anything like that. i simply woke up today and my ankle was in pain.

i have been shuffling around all day like an old person... primarily back and forth to the bathroom (perpetuating the old person image even further) as i have been working from home today. i am definitely getting old. the only comfort i have is knowing that however old i may be... i will always be younger than my friend (hot amy). not only was hot amy a "fringe oddball friend"... hot amy is now borderline cougar old.

speaking of which, i believe hot amy's new beau is arriving in sunny massachusetts today. hot amy seemed very excited about his arrival the other night. as it turns out, karen is also quite excited because she wants to meet him. i guess karen and my friends (jen and pam) had a little interrogation of hot amy when they had their women's weekend in bon jovi's home state of new jersey over the new beau. i don't know what was said during this interrogation, but it must have been something good because i rarely see karen this excited. (maybe it's the pregnancy hormones.)

anyway, i hope it works out.

oh yes... before i forget yet another thing... (and while we are talking about age with my forgetfulness and shuffling... and with hot amy...) happy birthday nana! nana (karen's grandmother) actually turns the ripe old age of 86 today. happy birthday!