Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I Still Suck At Celebrating My Friend's Birthday

today is my friend's (hot amy) birthday. happy birthday hot amy!

hot amy and i do not usually exchange presents for our birthdays. i'm lucky enough to simply add my name to the present that karen picks out. after all, karen and hot amy have been friends a lot longer than i have been friends with hot amy.

this year, however, i got hot amy a little something... i got her a big bag of nothing! i'd like to see my favorite sister-in-law (janine) attempt to wrap that gift. yes, i still suck at celebrating my friend's birthday.

anyway, i have known hot amy for quite some time now. i think i first met hot amy when she was working at friendly's... which is where my "intellectual" friend (garv) first coined the name "hot amy". i had always thought hot amy was one of those fringe oddball friends of karen, so i never really hung out with her much.

don't get me wrong, hot amy is still an oddball. over the past couple of years, i have actually gotten to know her a little better because she worked right around the corner from where i had worked in town. i think our first excursion in town together was to take pictures of cows for my friend (andrea). i remember thinking at the time that our excursion was going to be painful because i hardly knew hot amy... and now i was going to spend my lunch break with her looking for decorated cows around boston.

needless to say, it was actually fun and we eventually hung out more. it has probably been more fun for me these past couple of years because i keep whooping her butt in challenges and getting things like free meals... and a car wash. but for all the grief i give her about her genetic disposition for losing, she has been a good sport about it all.

and since it is her birthday, i figured i'd at least be somewhat nice to her today. so happy birthday hot amy!