Sunday, August 3, 2008

I Suck At Hanging Out With My Favorite Sister-In-Law

my bff (kerry) spent last night at my place.

when kerry left for the day to go to her nephew's birthday party, i figured i'd start my man weekend. so, i started playing around with my trusty table saw and some pieces of wood. at one point, i actually had saw dust all up my arms and all over my clothes. what can i say... i like wood. (insert the "that's what she said" line... just kidding.)

after cutting the pieces of wood, applying pre-conditioner to them, and then finally staining the multiple pieces of wood, i received a call from my favorite sister-in-law (janine). i suck at hanging out with my favorite sister-in-law. janine and my brother-in-law (pj) invited me over to their place for some margarita fun.

apparently, my friend (bill) who happens to be the brother of my other friend (jen), was stopping by their place to talk about the kid marketing machine known as disney. janine and pj are going to disney this year with their children, so they wanted to ask bill about certain disney related items because bill is a frequenter of the kid marketing machine known as disney.

anyway, bill brought with him the ever popular margarita machine that belongs to his sister. might i add, the margarita machine... is huge... not that size matters of course. i imagine storing the margarita machine would be a little difficult if you didn't have the counter space in your kitchen. luckily, the yummy goodness that flows from its veins is enough to mask the size of the machine. okay, i did partake a little in the yummy goodness. it's tough to resist when the tequila calls out your name. (the fact that i refer to margaritas as "yummy goodness" may also be proof that i do indeed have a drinking problem.)

as an interesting side note... someday, i want to have a tequila shot with the worm... and eat the worm after the shot. my original plan was to go to tijuana, mexico for authentic wormage... knowing my luck and my penchant for all things fermented, i probably would end up face down in a mexican gutter... dead... with a mariachi band playing over me... so it's probably not a good idea.

needless to say, all of us hung out tonight imbibing from the veins of the margarita machine. it was actually quite fun (and no, it's not the booze talking).

No comments: