Thursday, August 5, 2010

I Suck At Wipeout

As if it weren't obvious that I am a geek, yesterday Karen and I cracked ourselves up over dinner. For dinner, Karen made pasta with vegetables. It was not just any pasta. It was bow-tie pasta.

Some of you might be wondering if the cause of our guffaw was that I had worn the bow-tie pasta like a regular bow-tie. As obvious as that sounds, I did not. (Although now that I think of it, I wonder how it would look.) Nope, our humor was lamer.

As everyone probably knows, the other name for bow-tie pasta is farfalle. Playing on the phonetic sound of the word, we started joking around by naming one of the pieces of bow-tie pasta after Karen's cousin's (Karlene) husband (Tommy). I had envisioned a pair of eyeballs sitting on top of the bow-tie pasta, much like the Geico wad of cash.

Needless to say, the idea cracked me up. I suppose Karlene for that matter, would also have the same last name. So in essence, she could have a bow-tie pasta representation of her as well. In fact, every member of Tommy's relatives could be represented within the box of pasta. Tommy does, after all, have a huge family.

Anyway, the idea made me chuckle. I guess there is a lot to like about Lowell after all... if you really enjoy pasta. (For anyone curious, both Karlene and Tommy are Lowellites. Or is it Lowellians?) And if anyone care, yes the dinner was good.

Despite my terrible sense of humor, yesterday was also the day that my friends (Marc, Kelley, and Andrea) came over. We had shifted our weekly get-together so that Karen and I could accommodate my mother's birthday the day before. Happy belated birthday again, mom!

On the agenda for the night was another episode of Wipeout. Now, I suck at Wipeout. But, I do love to watch the show. Something about watching people... wiping out... always brings a smile to my face. That, and probably Jill Wagner, which surprises me because she's not blonde.

Needless to say, it was a fun episode. The best part of it all, of course, is just hanging out with friends, laughing, and having a good time. Andrea is currently attempting to teach my baby daughter (Briana) how to get me to cave in and buy her things. It will never work...

No comments: