Monday, August 2, 2010

I Suck At Running

On Sunday, I did something that I have not done in awhile: I went out for a little run. Too bad I suck at running.

In the morning, Karen decided to take our baby daughter (Briana) to church. So with the free time, I chose to go out for a mile run. I would have ran further had I been in any semblance of shape (other than round).

To be honest, I've missed running. I have not run in god knows how long. Ever since Briana was born over four months ago, I have had trouble finding a routine or schedule that I could designate as a time to run or workout.

And boy do I miss those endorphins. The run was quite nice. For that brief moment (because I only ran a mile), I felt as though my head was clear of stress. It was a very relaxing feel, which is something I never thought I would ever say about distance running. Granted, my heart and lungs were probably in shock from the physical activity, but it was good. I even had time to visit my son (Braden) at the cemetery after the run.

Anyway, following the run, the rest of the day turned into a family day. More specifically, it turned into a day with Karen's family.

The day started with a visit to Karen's grandparents. Being the token Asian guy in the family, I get relegated to technical support duties when it comes to all things electronic. If only my Asian card were that good. Karen's grandmother had a problem with her computer that required my assistance. So off we went to visit them.

It turns out, Karen's grandmother did not have any technical issues at all. She simply received an attachment to her email that she could not open. The attachment was a Microsoft document and she did not have an application on her computer that was able to open Microsoft documents (at least, not to her knowledge). Needless to say, I opened the document for her.

From there, Karen and I (and Briana) went to visit her other grandmother, who currently resides in a nursing home in Boston. Apparently, Karen's parents had tried to organize a little family visit to the nursing home last week. As my favorite sister-in-law (Janine) could not make it, it was just Karen and her parents visiting Nana. I was just there to transport Briana. After all, it was Briana that everyone wanted to see at the nursing home.

It was good to see Nana. Since Briana was born over four months ago, Karen and I have not visited Nana as often as we probably should. Heck, I know I'd be bored to death if I had to live in a nursing home by myself. So it was good to make time and see her. And I think Nana really appreciated it too. She was all smiles to see Briana. Truth be told, so was Karen's mother.

Anyway, to complete the in-law tour of the day, Karen and I ended up at Janine's after the nursing home. It was comical to hear about Janine's 20th high school reunion that she attended the night before. It turns out that someone from her graduating class was arrested at the reunion. Apparently, the "perp" was a deadbeat dad and had posted on Facebook that he was attending the reunion. Facebook... it's not just a social networking application... it's a crime fighting tool! That's why I don't go on Facebook that often. I like to get away with my crimes...

All in all, it was a nice enjoyable family day.

3 comments:

oakleyses said...

louis vuitton outlet stores, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, nike free, kate spade outlet, true religion jeans, louis vuitton handbags, tory burch outlet, polo ralph lauren, longchamp handbags, tiffany and co, gucci outlet, louis vuitton outlet, louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, prada outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, louboutin outlet, coach outlet, true religion jeans, polo ralph lauren outlet, longchamp handbags, chanel handbags, air max, coach outlet store online, coach purses, michael kors outlet online sale, air max, tiffany and co, oakley sunglasses, jordan shoes, burberry outlet, burberry outlet, michael kors outlet, prada handbags, oakley sunglasses cheap, longchamp outlet, nike shoes, louboutin, louis vuitton outlet, kate spade handbags, christian louboutin, coach factory outlet, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton

oakleyses said...

ugg boots, nike roshe run, marc jacobs, canada goose jackets, new balance shoes, vans shoes, wedding dresses, ugg, insanity workout, lululemon outlet, ferragamo shoes, babyliss pro, abercrombie and fitch, beats by dre, instyler, ugg boots, hollister, mcm handbags, celine handbags, rolex watches, jimmy choo outlet, soccer shoes, birkin bag, north face outlet, herve leger, canada goose, nfl jerseys, chi flat iron, ugg pas cher, ghd, giuseppe zanotti, reebok outlet, ugg australia, asics running shoes, longchamp, canada goose outlet, soccer jerseys, ugg boots clearance, uggs, mont blanc, north face jackets, canada goose, mac cosmetics, p90x, valentino shoes, uggs outlet, canada goose, bottega veneta

oakleyses said...

louis vuitton, air max, converse shoes, thomas sabo, iphone 6 cases, rolex watches, hollister, moncler, hollister clothing store, swarovski, canada goose, montre homme, gucci, supra shoes, moncler, canada goose, pandora charms, toms shoes, moncler, parajumpers, baseball bats, timberland boots, ray ban, links of london, moncler, oakley, swarovski crystal, vans, lancel, air max, coach outlet store online, moncler, moncler outlet, ugg, juicy couture outlet, ralph lauren, wedding dresses, ugg, converse, moncler, canada goose uk, pandora jewelry, louboutin, hollister, karen millen, pandora charms, juicy couture outlet