Sunday, August 22, 2010

I Suck At Cupcake Wars

Last night, Karen and I hung out with my friends (Andrea and Jen) and my BFF (Kerry). Truth be told, the night was supposed to be a girls night out. I just happened to benefit from the change in plans.

During the week, Karen organized a little get together with Kerry, Jen, and Andrea. I think the original idea from Karen was to celebrate our friend's (Hot Amy) birthday. Hot Amy, by the way celebrated her birthday on Friday. (Happy belated birthday, Hot Amy!) But since Hot Amy has been a little preoccupied the past few weekends with marriage plans and other events, Karen changed the plan.

In an effort to save costs and still have a great time hanging out with everyone, Karen's plans for Saturday turned into an ice cream sundae party. And if there's something I do enjoy... it's ice cream!

The party was actually held at our place, which was just fine with me. (After all, I do enjoy ice cream!) In addition to being able to partake in the ice cream fun, I was actually somewhat relieved to know that Karen would be home. It's not that I mind watching our baby daughter (Briana) on my own or anything like that while Karen is out. Not at all. I love spending quality time with Briana. It's just that lately Briana has been refusing to take her bottle from me. Briana seems to have a preference for her mommy's natural gifts. So just knowing that in the event Briana did get hungry, I didn't have to worry about making her take her bottle, which was a nice comfort to have. (Plus, there's the ice cream!)

Needless to say, I had a great time on Saturday. I haven't seen Jen in quite some time, so it was good catching up with her again. And as always, it's just a fun time being with Andrea and Kerry. Andrea was gracious enough to bring a little present to Briana. It was thoughtful and nice... and unexpected, so thank you Andrea.

Kerry brought up an interesting point about how when Briana is much older, all of them would be referred to as her mom's friends. I got a kick out of that. I also got a kick out of Kerry's hand strength (or apparent lack thereof). To help Kerry in her quest to have strong hands, I gave her a stress ball that I received from my company. So hopefully the next time I see my BFF, she'll crush my hand.

I got a stress ball for Karen too because she also apparently has very little hand strength (and also stresses a lot). I think it would be interesting if Karen and Kerry had a hand strength battle. The battle could be like whoever crushes the other person's hand in a handshake wins or something silly like that.

Needless to say, it was amusing. After the ice cream was consumed, everyone decided to hang out and possibly watch a couple of movies. We started off by catching the tail-end of Jeopardy, to which Kerry made the point that the show's questions have gotten easier. I actually agree with her thoughts on the dumbing down of Jeopardy because I also remember the questions being much harder when I was growing up. And that's saying a lot because I don't know anything.

Anyway, no one had a particular movie they wanted to watch. So we ended up flipping channels to see what was on. We ended up on the Food Network, which is one of my favorite networks. In particular, we ended up watching Cupcake Wars. Now, I suck at Cupcake Wars... but we ended up watching back-to-back-to-back episodes of the show. The hour-long show was just so darn catchy. The premise is essentially a group of different cupcake makers square off each episode to win the prize, which is usually the opportunity to feature their cupcakes at a grand event of some sort.

Needless to say, we were literally glued to the show. It was funny. I still think Kerry should get one of those cool ovens that they had on the show. (For anyone curious, Kerry likes to bake. That's why I think she should get the cool oven.)

All in all, I had a lot of fun crashing girls night out. Even though we didn't do anything, it was fun just to hang out and have fun. It almost reminded me of the good ol' days.

3 comments:

oakleyses said...

louis vuitton outlet stores, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, nike free, kate spade outlet, true religion jeans, louis vuitton handbags, tory burch outlet, polo ralph lauren, longchamp handbags, tiffany and co, gucci outlet, louis vuitton outlet, louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, prada outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, louboutin outlet, coach outlet, true religion jeans, polo ralph lauren outlet, longchamp handbags, chanel handbags, air max, coach outlet store online, coach purses, michael kors outlet online sale, air max, tiffany and co, oakley sunglasses, jordan shoes, burberry outlet, burberry outlet, michael kors outlet, prada handbags, oakley sunglasses cheap, longchamp outlet, nike shoes, louboutin, louis vuitton outlet, kate spade handbags, christian louboutin, coach factory outlet, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton

oakleyses said...

christian louboutin, michael kors outlet online sale, air max, michael kors outlet, longchamp outlet, burberry outlet, oakley sunglasses, coach outlet store online, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses cheap, jordan shoes, nike free, prada outlet, coach outlet, oakley sunglasses, nike shoes, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin outlet, burberry outlet, air max, true religion jeans, chanel handbags, louis vuitton, coach factory outlet, prada handbags, tiffany and co, polo ralph lauren outlet, longchamp handbags, louboutin, louis vuitton handbags, ray ban sunglasses, gucci outlet, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, tory burch outlet, longchamp handbags, kate spade outlet, true religion jeans, kate spade handbags, louis vuitton outlet stores, michael kors outlet, coach purses, michael kors outlet, polo ralph lauren, michael kors outlet, louboutin shoes

oakleyses said...

montre homme, air max, juicy couture outlet, moncler, iphone 6 cases, hollister, juicy couture outlet, swarovski crystal, air max, moncler, vans, swarovski, moncler, parajumpers, timberland boots, rolex watches, oakley, hollister clothing store, pandora charms, ralph lauren, pandora jewelry, lancel, wedding dresses, moncler, baseball bats, louis vuitton, toms shoes, converse, converse shoes, louboutin, canada goose, canada goose, supra shoes, hollister, ugg, karen millen, ugg, thomas sabo, moncler, links of london, gucci, moncler, coach outlet store online, pandora charms, moncler outlet, ray ban