Monday, August 23, 2010

I Suck At Salmon

Yesterday was a rather ho-hum day.

In the morning, things were not looking too auspicious because Karen discovered a Stop and Shop carriage sitting in the corner of our lawn. She was a little perturbed. If I were a grumpy old man, which I am, I'd shake my fist at those young whipper-snappers. I don't really know if the culprits were teenagers, but I have a strong suspicion that it is. After all, I can't imagine why any normal adult would take a shopping carriage from Stop and Shop and then leave it on someone's lawn. That act simply shows a lack of responsibility by whomever took the shopping cart in the first place.

Needless to say, I had to call Stop and Shop to see if they could send someone to retrieve the cart. The person I spoke to said they could and would send someone to take care of it. Thinking nothing more of it, we decided to head out for some grocery shopping (not at Stop and Shop).

At the grocery store (Shaw's), Karen and I were looking to get some haddock which was on sale. I am a big fan of fish. My love for fish has probably grown exponentially since I've gotten married because Karen and I hardly have fresh fish. Karen always claims that she does not know what to do with fish when making it. And since I've started cooking more, I figured... heck... I'll make fish myself.

The only problem: haddock was out of stock. Apparently, Shaw's never received its shipment of haddock for the week. Oh well. It was disheartening at first, but then Shaw's offered to sell the sockeye salmon, which was a little more than the regular price of haddock, for the same sale price as the haddock. Naturally, I was hesitant at first because I suck at salmon and I figured Karen wouldn't eat the salmon, especially sockeye salmon, because it has more of a fishier taste to it. But she was willing to try it.

When we got home, I immediately went to my friend, Google, to find a recipe for sockeye salmon because I had no idea on how to make the salmon. I ended up using a recipe from Alton Brown, because Alton wouldn't lead you astray. Would would Alton do? His recipe was for broiled sockeye salmon with citrus glaze.

Needless to say, the salmon came out delicious. I was surprised to find out that Karen enjoyed it as much as she did. She said she'd definitely eat it again. (Proof that Alton knows...)

Anyway, following the salmon, we decided to take matters into our own hands in terms of the shopping cart that was still sitting on our lawn. Apparently, Stop and Shop had yet to pick up the shopping cart. Annoyed, Karen called Stop and Shop. Apparently this time, they told her that they could not send employees off site and that they hire a company to collect the carts. And unfortunately, the company was not open on weekends.

The whole shopping cart was turning out to be more hassle than it really was. It was not Stop and Shop's fault that their cart was on our lawn. (Those darn teenagers!) So rather than have Stop and Shop contact their cart collecting company, we decided to simply walk the cart back to the store. After all, it was not that far of a walk.

Karen's main concern was being identified as "that family" in the neighborhood that takes shopping carts. I said it could be worse. If I were the one pushing the cart throughout the neighborhood, even if I were returning it to Stop and Shop, I would probably be feeding into the minority stereotype.

Anyway, we were a little annoyed by having to deal with the shopping cart incident, but at least it's been dealt with. To ease matters after the shopping cart, we decided to visit my favorite sister-in-law (Janine) in an attempt to get our baby daughter (Briana) used to Janine's place. Janine and her family and her BFF (Gretchen) had returned from a weekend in Connecticut, where Gretchen is originally from. It was good to see everyone. Briana cried as usual, but I think she's getting used to their place.

3 comments:

oakleyses said...

louis vuitton outlet stores, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, nike free, kate spade outlet, true religion jeans, louis vuitton handbags, tory burch outlet, polo ralph lauren, longchamp handbags, tiffany and co, gucci outlet, louis vuitton outlet, louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, prada outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, louboutin outlet, coach outlet, true religion jeans, polo ralph lauren outlet, longchamp handbags, chanel handbags, air max, coach outlet store online, coach purses, michael kors outlet online sale, air max, tiffany and co, oakley sunglasses, jordan shoes, burberry outlet, burberry outlet, michael kors outlet, prada handbags, oakley sunglasses cheap, longchamp outlet, nike shoes, louboutin, louis vuitton outlet, kate spade handbags, christian louboutin, coach factory outlet, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton

oakleyses said...

christian louboutin, michael kors outlet online sale, air max, michael kors outlet, longchamp outlet, burberry outlet, oakley sunglasses, coach outlet store online, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses cheap, jordan shoes, nike free, prada outlet, coach outlet, oakley sunglasses, nike shoes, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin outlet, burberry outlet, air max, true religion jeans, chanel handbags, louis vuitton, coach factory outlet, prada handbags, tiffany and co, polo ralph lauren outlet, longchamp handbags, louboutin, louis vuitton handbags, ray ban sunglasses, gucci outlet, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, tory burch outlet, longchamp handbags, kate spade outlet, true religion jeans, kate spade handbags, louis vuitton outlet stores, michael kors outlet, coach purses, michael kors outlet, polo ralph lauren, michael kors outlet, louboutin shoes

oakleyses said...

north face jackets, nike roshe run, vans shoes, rolex watches, ugg boots, ugg boots clearance, north face outlet, canada goose, jimmy choo outlet, ghd, canada goose jackets, mac cosmetics, reebok outlet, lululemon outlet, herve leger, new balance shoes, valentino shoes, p90x, babyliss pro, insanity workout, giuseppe zanotti, marc jacobs, wedding dresses, asics running shoes, canada goose outlet, uggs outlet, soccer jerseys, celine handbags, ugg boots, mont blanc, instyler, canada goose, ferragamo shoes, nfl jerseys, abercrombie and fitch, ugg pas cher, beats by dre, mcm handbags, birkin bag, ugg australia, soccer shoes, canada goose uk, uggs, chi flat iron, ugg, bottega veneta, canada goose