Monday, August 30, 2010

I Suck At Fantasy Football

Yesterday was the big draft for the fantasy football league that I am in. Too bad I suck at fantasy football. I am not sure how many years this league has been around, but this is the third year that I have participated.

The fantasy football league was started quite a long time ago by some friends from high school. I originally was to be part of the founding group. Unfortunately, before the league even started I had withdrew from the league. My reason for backing out at the time was because there was a lack of compromise between members during the initial start up. Although I knew getting a group of people to agree on one thing is generally difficult, I did not anticipate that there would be that much discord between a group of friends. So rather than partake in the league, I opted out.

The league has since become more agreeable probably because we have all matured in some ways. Sure, there are still some hot topics of debate. All in all, it has been a pretty enjoyable experience since I started participating.

I am still debating on whether or not I will continue to use the team name I selected. (Currently, I decided to go with Team Edward for lack of a better team name. I suppose I could go with Team Jacob as well.) Either way, I'm not sold on the name (in part because I dislike the Twilight books so much). I'm still trying to find a name that will work for me. In previous years, I used a team name after one of my friends (Anna), and a team name after the most electrifying man in sports entertainment (the Rock). So this year, I'm still looking for some inspiration.

Anyway, I had the unfortunate predicament of drafting next to last in this year's draft. I am not a big fan of drafting near the bottom, preferring instead to be somewhere in the middle. In a 12 team league, by the time it reaches the eleventh spot in the round to draft, all of the top tier players are gone.

So rather than draft like I normally would, I figured I would try to shake things up. I figured I would try to make a run at the quarterback and tight end positions. In fact, I think my first four picks were for those positions. My line of thinking happened to be that the quarterback position in this league accounts for much of the scoring. So by taking two quality quarterbacks, that would leave less chances for the other teams to potentially outscore me. We'll see how that draft plan pans out during the football season.

Needless to say, my team does not look so good on paper... outside of the quarterback and tight end positions. Since I had no opportunity at a premium running back anyway due to the draft order, I figured it was okay. So we'll see.

Anyway, that was probably the highlight of my day. The rest of the day involved going to Staples to pick up a dry erase board while my in-laws watched our baby daughter (Briana). My in-laws have started visiting once a week in an attempt to try to break Briana from her separation anxiety. In other words, they have been trying to get her used to hanging out with people other than her parents. So far, I'm not sure it's working.

And in case anyone is curious, the dry erase board was for me to make a list of chores or whatnot to accomplish during any given day. I was thinking that it would give me a sense of accomplishment to be able to cross off or erase things from the list. We'll see how that goes too.

3 comments:

oakleyses said...

christian louboutin, michael kors outlet online sale, air max, michael kors outlet, longchamp outlet, burberry outlet, oakley sunglasses, coach outlet store online, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses cheap, jordan shoes, nike free, prada outlet, coach outlet, oakley sunglasses, nike shoes, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin outlet, burberry outlet, air max, true religion jeans, chanel handbags, louis vuitton, coach factory outlet, prada handbags, tiffany and co, polo ralph lauren outlet, longchamp handbags, louboutin, louis vuitton handbags, ray ban sunglasses, gucci outlet, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, tory burch outlet, longchamp handbags, kate spade outlet, true religion jeans, kate spade handbags, louis vuitton outlet stores, michael kors outlet, coach purses, michael kors outlet, polo ralph lauren, michael kors outlet, louboutin shoes

oakleyses said...

montre homme, air max, juicy couture outlet, moncler, iphone 6 cases, hollister, juicy couture outlet, swarovski crystal, air max, moncler, vans, swarovski, moncler, parajumpers, timberland boots, rolex watches, oakley, hollister clothing store, pandora charms, ralph lauren, pandora jewelry, lancel, wedding dresses, moncler, baseball bats, louis vuitton, toms shoes, converse, converse shoes, louboutin, canada goose, canada goose, supra shoes, hollister, ugg, karen millen, ugg, thomas sabo, moncler, links of london, gucci, moncler, coach outlet store online, pandora charms, moncler outlet, ray ban

oakleyses said...

north face jackets, nike roshe run, vans shoes, rolex watches, ugg boots, ugg boots clearance, north face outlet, canada goose, jimmy choo outlet, ghd, canada goose jackets, mac cosmetics, reebok outlet, lululemon outlet, herve leger, new balance shoes, valentino shoes, p90x, babyliss pro, insanity workout, giuseppe zanotti, marc jacobs, wedding dresses, asics running shoes, canada goose outlet, uggs outlet, soccer jerseys, celine handbags, ugg boots, mont blanc, instyler, canada goose, ferragamo shoes, nfl jerseys, abercrombie and fitch, ugg pas cher, beats by dre, mcm handbags, birkin bag, ugg australia, soccer shoes, canada goose uk, uggs, chi flat iron, ugg, bottega veneta, canada goose