Monday, August 30, 2010

I Suck At UFC

For a while, I have felt like I have been in a rut. My normal day generally consists of work, which I get paid for, and then more work involving the care of my baby daughter (Briana) whether it involves changing her diaper, feeding her, doing "tummy time" with her, cleaning her bottles, or whatever. I can see why so many stay-at-home mothers turn to Facebook with such reckless abandon. Facebook offers a brief escape from the constant work of having to take care of a child. (For me, I guess it's this blog.)

Now don't get me wrong. I absolutely love having a child. Having lost my first child (Braden) only makes me cherish having a child even more. I am thankful every day to have Briana. Of course, as much as my friends think that it will be the case, I am still not going to cave in and give her everything she wants.

That said, I will sacrifice a lot of personal things for her. That among them is my time, which consequently leads to my feelings of being in a rut. On Saturday, Karen took Briana to visit Nana (Briana's great grandmother) at the nursing home. After all, it was nana's birthday. Apparently, Saturday was the only time my favorite sister-in-law (Janine) was available to visit as well. So it became a family visit to nana's at the nursing home on Saturday.

Naturally, while Karen and Briana were out, one would think that I would be looking forward to having some time to myself. Sadly, that was not the case. Nope. Instead, I spent the time cleaning the house. Our house has been in disarray of late. It sometimes gets embarrassing to have people over our house (even if it is just family and friends) because things are just strewn everywhere. And don't even get me started about the dust bunnies. Those damn dirty dust bunnies!

But like I said earlier, things are about sacrifice and choosing what you can go with or without during a given time. In our case, it was the state of cleanliness of the house. Needless to say, I was quite happy to finally clean the house. (Granted, I realize the clean state won't last long with a baby, but at least it will make me feel good to know that the house is somewhat clean.) At the same time, the feeling of performing another chore only added to my growing rut.

That said, it was actually a nice feeling of relief Saturday night to visit my friends (Marc and Kelley). Marc and Kelley were hosting a little get together for the UFC 118 pay-per-view. Now, I suck at UFC. UFC 118, however, marked the first time the UFC was coming to Boston (as it had recently been approved by lawmakers). Joining in on the festivities were my BFF (Kerry) and my friends (Andrea and Garv).

And of course, leave it to my BFF to bring me an ice cream surprise for the UFC pay-per-view. She definitely is a great BFF. Too busy chowing down the ice cream, I couldn't even tell what the special ice cream flavor was. Luckily, I had Andrea next to me who tasted the ice cream and informed me of the flavor. It turns out, the flavor was chocolate peanut butter cookie dough. Yum!

The UFC pay-per-view was good. I was hoping to see my friend (James) enter the ring. After all, the venue was Boston! Okay, perhaps it was more wishful thinking. Someday, I'll convince him and my friend (Aimee) to partake in MMA, much like how I'll convince my friend (Cass) to run for mayor of Quincy. Someday...

Anyway, by far my favorite MMA match involved Marcus Davis and Nate Diaz. The reason why I liked it so much was that Davis was cut right above the eye. And by cut... I mean he had what seemed like a third eye. That was how wide the gash was. It was ridiculously crazy that the trainers just put goo into the wound and allowed him to continue fighting. When they showed the bloody cut above his eye, I thought... awesome! Unfortunately, he ended up losing to Diaz.

My other favorite match for the night involved the MMA legend (and Scorpion King... after the Rock), Randy Couture and the former boxer, James "Lights Out" Toney. Normally, a match between two old people wouldn't be too exciting. Toney has been disrespecting the MMA by claiming that he, as a boxer, can beat any MMA fighter. He consequently called out the legendary Couture. Needless to say, it was lights out for "Lights Out". Toney did not last long at all. It was a great match.

I actually got a kick out of Kerry thinking that the word couture did not seem to go with MMA. And then she realized "couture" was his name and not the fashion. I thought that was pretty funny. Of course, I'll have to admit that watching MMA with Kerry and Andrea is very fun. They seemed to be more into watching Wes Welker and Tom Brady, who were at the event, than into the matches themselves. Speaking of Patriots, I was a little surprised that Andrea does not find any of the Patriots attractive.

Anyway, I had a great time on Saturday. Besides some of our comedic topics of discussion, like Andrea's dare to have me grow out my hair and make it look like Justin Bieber for my friend's (Hot Amy) upcoming wedding, it was a good feeling to escape from my daily grind for a little while and just have fun. (And for anyone curious, Karen hates Bieber hair so it's probably not going to happen... probably...) I had a blast.

4 comments:

oakleyses said...

louis vuitton outlet stores, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, nike free, kate spade outlet, true religion jeans, louis vuitton handbags, tory burch outlet, polo ralph lauren, longchamp handbags, tiffany and co, gucci outlet, louis vuitton outlet, louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, prada outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, louboutin outlet, coach outlet, true religion jeans, polo ralph lauren outlet, longchamp handbags, chanel handbags, air max, coach outlet store online, coach purses, michael kors outlet online sale, air max, tiffany and co, oakley sunglasses, jordan shoes, burberry outlet, burberry outlet, michael kors outlet, prada handbags, oakley sunglasses cheap, longchamp outlet, nike shoes, louboutin, louis vuitton outlet, kate spade handbags, christian louboutin, coach factory outlet, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton

oakleyses said...

christian louboutin, michael kors outlet online sale, air max, michael kors outlet, longchamp outlet, burberry outlet, oakley sunglasses, coach outlet store online, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses cheap, jordan shoes, nike free, prada outlet, coach outlet, oakley sunglasses, nike shoes, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin outlet, burberry outlet, air max, true religion jeans, chanel handbags, louis vuitton, coach factory outlet, prada handbags, tiffany and co, polo ralph lauren outlet, longchamp handbags, louboutin, louis vuitton handbags, ray ban sunglasses, gucci outlet, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, tory burch outlet, longchamp handbags, kate spade outlet, true religion jeans, kate spade handbags, louis vuitton outlet stores, michael kors outlet, coach purses, michael kors outlet, polo ralph lauren, michael kors outlet, louboutin shoes

oakleyses said...

montre homme, air max, juicy couture outlet, moncler, iphone 6 cases, hollister, juicy couture outlet, swarovski crystal, air max, moncler, vans, swarovski, moncler, parajumpers, timberland boots, rolex watches, oakley, hollister clothing store, pandora charms, ralph lauren, pandora jewelry, lancel, wedding dresses, moncler, baseball bats, louis vuitton, toms shoes, converse, converse shoes, louboutin, canada goose, canada goose, supra shoes, hollister, ugg, karen millen, ugg, thomas sabo, moncler, links of london, gucci, moncler, coach outlet store online, pandora charms, moncler outlet, ray ban

oakleyses said...

north face jackets, nike roshe run, vans shoes, rolex watches, ugg boots, ugg boots clearance, north face outlet, canada goose, jimmy choo outlet, ghd, canada goose jackets, mac cosmetics, reebok outlet, lululemon outlet, herve leger, new balance shoes, valentino shoes, p90x, babyliss pro, insanity workout, giuseppe zanotti, marc jacobs, wedding dresses, asics running shoes, canada goose outlet, uggs outlet, soccer jerseys, celine handbags, ugg boots, mont blanc, instyler, canada goose, ferragamo shoes, nfl jerseys, abercrombie and fitch, ugg pas cher, beats by dre, mcm handbags, birkin bag, ugg australia, soccer shoes, canada goose uk, uggs, chi flat iron, ugg, bottega veneta, canada goose