Monday, December 14, 2009

I Suck At Tree Trimming

On Saturday, my friends (Marc and Kelley) had their annual tree trimming. Unfortunately, I suck at tree trimming.

In keeping with the annual tradition, I naturally got a little inebriated thanks to my drinking buddy Kelley and her great bartending skills. Yes, in addition to baking delicious cookies and muffins, Kelley is pretty good at making martinis. So naturally, I could not resist the temptation of booze... or more particularly... mass consumption of booze.

Sure, I admit it. I may have an unhealthy relationship with booze. Eventually I will give up consuming mass quantities of alcohol... either from sheer willpower... or organ failure. I am hoping it will be the former case.

As always, the tree trimming was great. It was good to see some of Marc's family whom I have not seen in awhile. Of course, it was also great to see and hang out with my friends (Cass, Ellen, Meredith, Doug, Andrea, the Czar, Adam, Alex, and Kim) and my BFF (Kerry) who attended the tree trimming. For anyone curious, I refer to my friend Amy as "the Czar" so as to not confuse her with my phonetic sounding friends (Hot Amy or Aimee). The first four letters of Amy's last name is c-z-a-r. Hence, "the Czar". By no means is she Russian... at least, not to my knowledge.

Amy the Czar is great. I don't get to see her too often. She is one of the nicest people I know. So, it was nice to be able to see her again.

Among the other people who I hardly see within a given year are Adam, Alex and Kim. Adam and Alex are the brothers of my friend (Scott) who lives in New York. They are a riot together. We spent much of the night trying to figure out a superhero that I could be within Adam's cell phone. Rather than use names of his friends with their cell phone number, Adam assigns a superhero name. Hard to maintain? Sure. But in terms of geekdom, I think it's pretty funny and cool. (For anyone curious, the superhero that I wanted was already taken, which is why we spent some time trying to figure one out. C'mon, who likes Hawkeye?)

And not that I am particularly proud of this fact, but Kim is also a big fan of the Miley Cyrus "Party in the U.S.A." song. Kim happens to know more (if not all) of the lyrics than I do. Truth be told, I'm not sure I know any lyrics. Somehow that song came up in conversation. I have no idea how or why I remember it, but I do.

Proof that it is a small world: Kim and Kelley were neighbors growing up. I first met Kim when she was a freshman in high school. At the time, my friend (John) who had a thing for freshmen girls... somehow started hanging out with Kim (probably because he wanted to date her). Sadly, John and I were seniors at the time. I believe they may have met in Drama club. And yes, I was in the Drama club in high school... not because I enjoyed drama... or the freshmen girls like John. I was in the club strictly for the food... which was very lacking in the club. (Interestingly enough, John is married to someone who is his senior.)

Anyway, John and Kim helped set Kelley up with Marc... and the rest is history. And since that time, Kim has ended up briefly dating Adam and my friend (Garv). It's very six degrees of Kevin Bacon random.

Regardless, the tree trimming was fun. The food, as usual, was delicious. Andrea brought her stuffed mushrooms again. Yum! So needless to say, I had a good time.

2 comments:

oakleyses said...

ray ban sunglasses, polo ralph lauren, air max, true religion jeans, burberry outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet, kate spade handbags, oakley sunglasses cheap, michael kors outlet, air max, michael kors outlet online sale, louis vuitton outlet, nike shoes, michael kors outlet, coach purses, louboutin, nike free, prada handbags, gucci outlet, longchamp handbags, christian louboutin, tory burch outlet, jordan shoes, coach outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton handbags, louboutin outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton outlet, longchamp outlet, kate spade outlet, true religion jeans, louis vuitton, coach factory outlet, burberry outlet, oakley sunglasses, prada outlet, coach outlet store online, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, oakley sunglasses, tiffany and co, chanel handbags, longchamp handbags, tiffany and co

oakleyses said...

louis vuitton, air max, converse shoes, thomas sabo, iphone 6 cases, rolex watches, hollister, moncler, hollister clothing store, swarovski, canada goose, montre homme, gucci, supra shoes, moncler, canada goose, pandora charms, toms shoes, moncler, parajumpers, baseball bats, timberland boots, ray ban, links of london, moncler, oakley, swarovski crystal, vans, lancel, air max, coach outlet store online, moncler, moncler outlet, ugg, juicy couture outlet, ralph lauren, wedding dresses, ugg, converse, moncler, canada goose uk, pandora jewelry, louboutin, hollister, karen millen, pandora charms, juicy couture outlet