Monday, December 14, 2009

I Suck At J.J. Mulligans

On Friday, Karen and I went to J.J. Mulligans located in Braintree. Now, I suck at J.J. Mulligans. I have not been there in a while. It's not that I dislike the restaurant or anything. I do like the food there. I just never think to go to J.J. Mulligans probably because I am hardly in the Braintree.

Anyway, the reason why we were going was to celebrate my friend's (Jen) birthday. Jen thought it would be a great place to celebrate her birthday because she liked the french fries there. And for anyone curious, the fries are pretty good there.

In addition to Karen and I, my friend (Andrea) and my BFF (Kerry) joined in the night's festivities. My friend (Hot Amy) was originally supposed to come. Due to her weakened constitution, however, she could not attend. For anyone curious, Hot Amy is always sick. I imagine that if Hot Amy could live in a bubble, she would.

Andrea was actually running a little late to the shindig, so the rest of us feasted on the french fries while we waited for her. Andrea was helping her parents with their Christmas tree, which I jokingly refer to as the Charlie Brown tree. From what I have heard, Andrea's family typically gets one of the larger... grander... trees in the lot. So by no means is it a Charlie Brown tree. Since I like to give her grief, I like to refer to their tree as the Charlie Brown tree. Good grief, Charlie Brown!

Anyway, it was a fun time. J.J. Mulligan's was actually offering a pretty good deal where you could get a burger and a beer... all for the low price of $7. Jen and I couldn't refuse and opted for the burger and beer special. Their burgers, by the way, are pretty good too. Of course, my judgment of their burgers may have been clouded because I was actually craving a burger that night.

Needless to say, I had a good time hanging out with everyone. I think Jen enjoyed it too, which was good because the celebration was for her birthday. Although, I am not so sure Jen is currently excited about her birthday, which is a little sad.

Like my favorite sister-in-law (Janine) at the time who was turning the same age, Jen is not liking the prospect of being in a different age category. In Janine's case, she was told that she was at "the fork in the road" by a medical professional. I think Jen is similarly feeling that way because things are currently not what she had imagined for herself when she was younger.

Truth be told, that concept can be said about any age. When I was five, I wanted to be a knight in shining armor. Look at me now... no horse... no plate mail... no sword... nothing. My life now is not exactly how I imagined things when I was five. I suppose if I really wanted it badly enough, I could buy a horse, buy some armor, and buy a sword... although I'm not sure how practical that would be in the real world. Plus, Karen would probably not like having a sword and a suit of armor in the house. I may be able to get her to buy into the horse though.

Anyway, hopefully Jen won't fret too much over the whole new age bracket category. Life is too short.

3 comments:

oakleyses said...

hollister, lululemon outlet online, true religion outlet, louis vuitton, nike trainers, sac louis vuitton, sac louis vuitton, sac longchamp, polo lacoste, longchamp, timberland, air max, north face, nike air max, michael kors pas cher, abercrombie and fitch, air force, nike tn, nike free pas cher, sac hermes, air max, louis vuitton uk, nike roshe, nike roshe run, michael kors, nike free, mulberry, new balance pas cher, sac guess, air jordan, ray ban pas cher, louboutin, nike blazer, barbour, hollister, oakley pas cher, north face, true religion outlet, vans pas cher, vanessa bruno, polo ralph lauren, air max pas cher, ralph lauren, sac burberry, converse pas cher, michael kors, ray ban sunglasses, nike huarache, hogan outlet

oakleyses said...

ugg boots, nike roshe run, marc jacobs, canada goose jackets, new balance shoes, vans shoes, wedding dresses, ugg, insanity workout, lululemon outlet, ferragamo shoes, babyliss pro, abercrombie and fitch, beats by dre, instyler, ugg boots, hollister, mcm handbags, celine handbags, rolex watches, jimmy choo outlet, soccer shoes, birkin bag, north face outlet, herve leger, canada goose, nfl jerseys, chi flat iron, ugg pas cher, ghd, giuseppe zanotti, reebok outlet, ugg australia, asics running shoes, longchamp, canada goose outlet, soccer jerseys, ugg boots clearance, uggs, mont blanc, north face jackets, canada goose, mac cosmetics, p90x, valentino shoes, uggs outlet, canada goose, bottega veneta

oakleyses said...

louis vuitton, air max, converse shoes, thomas sabo, iphone 6 cases, rolex watches, hollister, moncler, hollister clothing store, swarovski, canada goose, montre homme, gucci, supra shoes, moncler, canada goose, pandora charms, toms shoes, moncler, parajumpers, baseball bats, timberland boots, ray ban, links of london, moncler, oakley, swarovski crystal, vans, lancel, air max, coach outlet store online, moncler, moncler outlet, ugg, juicy couture outlet, ralph lauren, wedding dresses, ugg, converse, moncler, canada goose uk, pandora jewelry, louboutin, hollister, karen millen, pandora charms, juicy couture outlet