Saturday, December 26, 2009

I Suck At Alice

On Wednesday, Karen and I hung out with my friends (Marc and Kelley).

Marc was gracious enough to make dinner for all of us. He made pasta with meatballs. Yum! To go along with the pasta, I made garlic bread.

I have actually never made garlic bread before. I probably would not have made garlic bread on Wednesday were it not for our experience at Trader Joe's in Hanover. While at Trader Joe's, Karen and I were looking to pick up garlic bread. Apparently, Trader Joe's does not sell garlic bread. They did, however, recommend making it from scratch with these crushed garlic cubes that they sold.

So basically on Wednesday, I decided to make garlic bread from scratch. Naturally, one would think that I would make it using the crushed garlic cubes that we purchased from Trader Joe's, as recommended by the employee there. Nope. Not me. I decided to use real garlic that we had in our refrigerator. After all, how hard could it be?

Needless to say, I did a quick search online for possible garlic bread recipes. There was a recipe that seemed interesting (from Guy Fieri) involving hot sauce, but I decided against it because I was relatively certain that Karen would not enjoy it. And so, I settled on a recipe based in part from Rachael Ray (Yum-O!). I simply added other oregano and parsley to it.

Anyway, I think the garlic bread came out okay. So I guess it is true: garlic bread is easy to make. Of course, it donned on me after the fact that Kelley could not eat the garlic bread. Kelley has had a history of stomach issues. She believes that she may have a gluten allergy. I sometimes wonder if it's difficult for doctors to diagnose gluten allergies, because Kelley has had a seemingly long history of stomach issues.

Regardless, we had a good meal. And of course, Kelley made some of her delicious cookies. Yum! And rather than do the usual watching of Buffy and/or Angel, we decided to change things up a little.

On Wednesday, we decided to watch the Syfy channel's mini-series known as Alice. Now, I suck at Alice. This version of Alice is a take on the Alice in Wonderland story.

(The video below is a preview for "Alice".)


In my opinion, the mini-series was okay. I was not a big fan of Alice, probably because she was not blonde. (Remember, I am attracted to shiny objects.) But the mini-series was entertaining, even if I did think the ending wrapped up very conveniently.

All in all, it was a good time. Karen and I actually left Marc and Kelley's a little earlier than usual. Of course, we had arrived earlier than usual as well because Karen left work early. Apparently it was a slow day in the research dietitian world.

So following Marc and Kelley's, Karen and I headed home and decided to watch another movie: The Proposal.

(The video below is the trailer for "The Proposal".)


Karen had recently received a gift certificate to Netflix. The first movie on her list was "The Proposal". Interestingly enough, I actually did enjoy the movie. The movie was the predictable chick flick, but enjoyable nonetheless. And of course, because the movie starred Ryan Reynolds, there had to be the naked Ryan Reynolds scene.

As far as I can remember, it seems like since the movie "Blade: Trinity", Ryan Reynolds is shirtless in all his movies now. Not that I blame him. If I had his abs, I would probably show them off all the time as well. I would probably never wear a shirt ever again... which could be tough when it comes to going to work... or shoveling snow.

Anyway, it was good time on Wednesday.

2 comments:

oakleyses said...

ray ban sunglasses, polo ralph lauren, air max, true religion jeans, burberry outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet, kate spade handbags, oakley sunglasses cheap, michael kors outlet, air max, michael kors outlet online sale, louis vuitton outlet, nike shoes, michael kors outlet, coach purses, louboutin, nike free, prada handbags, gucci outlet, longchamp handbags, christian louboutin, tory burch outlet, jordan shoes, coach outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton handbags, louboutin outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton outlet, longchamp outlet, kate spade outlet, true religion jeans, louis vuitton, coach factory outlet, burberry outlet, oakley sunglasses, prada outlet, coach outlet store online, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, oakley sunglasses, tiffany and co, chanel handbags, longchamp handbags, tiffany and co

oakleyses said...

louis vuitton, air max, converse shoes, thomas sabo, iphone 6 cases, rolex watches, hollister, moncler, hollister clothing store, swarovski, canada goose, montre homme, gucci, supra shoes, moncler, canada goose, pandora charms, toms shoes, moncler, parajumpers, baseball bats, timberland boots, ray ban, links of london, moncler, oakley, swarovski crystal, vans, lancel, air max, coach outlet store online, moncler, moncler outlet, ugg, juicy couture outlet, ralph lauren, wedding dresses, ugg, converse, moncler, canada goose uk, pandora jewelry, louboutin, hollister, karen millen, pandora charms, juicy couture outlet