Saturday, December 26, 2009

I Suck At The Alumni Cafe

Karen and I received a call tonight from our friend (Jen). It turns out that Jen was organizing a little spontaneous get together for the night. The destination: the Alumni Cafe located in Quincy.

Unfortunately, I suck at the Alumni Cafe. I have never been a big fan of the Alumni Cafe because (among other things) I find their pizza rather greasy and not as delicious as everyone else. But since it was a get together of friends, I figured why not?

Plus, one of the bonuses of going tonight was seeing my friend (Joanna) who was back visiting from Oregon for the week. Joanna absolutely cracks me up with her stories. At one time, I had thought that Joanna would make the perfect partner in the Amazing Race... had I the opportunity to be in the show. Naturally, I have since reconsidered that notion, opting instead to choose my BFF (Kerry).

Nevertheless, it was the first time Joanna had ever been to the Alumni Cafe, which is surprising because the place is a staple of Quincy. As it was her first time there, I did my best to hype up the place with the fact that a former substitute teacher that we had worked there. Yes, the Alumni Cafe is one of those sad places.

It's probably a good thing that the former teacher was not working tonight. At least that way, Joanna will always remember that teacher the way he was back in the day... a chick magnet of epic proportions. Things are always better when they are imagined. Regardless, in addition to Joanna, Karen, Jen, and I at the Alumni were my friends (Andrea and Hot Amy).

Anyway, it was a fun night of random discussions. We talked about everything from sororities, to recycling batteries, to the cuteness of my friend's (Aimee) brother's children, to tomatoes, to Asians (in particular... me) growing facial hair, to Facebook... It was comical.

Probably the most comical moment happened when Joanna joked about someone who she knew that was 28 and still living with their parents. She had prefaced her comment to both Karen and I because we had lived with our parents until we were married. Unbeknownest to Joanna, Hot Amy still currently lives with her parents. Needless to say, Joanna felt stupid when I whispered that fact to her during her comment.

All in all, it was a good time. Unfortunately, I felt a little ill near the end of the night because I devoured my pizza, along with parts of Andrea's pizza. I think the cause of the problem may have been the fact that I ingested too much grease at a given setting. Some day I'll have to work on that part of my brain to tell me to stop eating. Some day...

6 comments:

aimee said...

which substitute teacher works there?

and how on earth did my niece and nephews come up in your conversation?

cavalier said...

i can't divulge the identity of the teacher. otherwise hoards of middle aged women might flock to the alumni in hopes of reliving their teenage fantasy. it's for safety reasons that i withhold the name. :)

as for your niece and nephews, it was totally random. karen and i had mentioned how there's so much pressure to have a good looking kid (because a lot of people say mixed kids are beautiful). we didn't want to be that couple that had the ugly baby.

somehow, that led to cute kids... and voila... your niece and nephews came up. and since joanna knows your brother, she saw pictures of them via facebook. yeah, it was pretty random.

aimee said...

were his initials E.M., by any chance? that's the only person i can think of who the girls went gaga over. my memory is so bad.

oakleyses said...

ray ban sunglasses, polo ralph lauren, air max, true religion jeans, burberry outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet, kate spade handbags, oakley sunglasses cheap, michael kors outlet, air max, michael kors outlet online sale, louis vuitton outlet, nike shoes, michael kors outlet, coach purses, louboutin, nike free, prada handbags, gucci outlet, longchamp handbags, christian louboutin, tory burch outlet, jordan shoes, coach outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton handbags, louboutin outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton outlet, longchamp outlet, kate spade outlet, true religion jeans, louis vuitton, coach factory outlet, burberry outlet, oakley sunglasses, prada outlet, coach outlet store online, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, oakley sunglasses, tiffany and co, chanel handbags, longchamp handbags, tiffany and co

oakleyses said...

hollister, lululemon outlet online, true religion outlet, louis vuitton, nike trainers, sac louis vuitton, sac louis vuitton, sac longchamp, polo lacoste, longchamp, timberland, air max, north face, nike air max, michael kors pas cher, abercrombie and fitch, air force, nike tn, nike free pas cher, sac hermes, air max, louis vuitton uk, nike roshe, nike roshe run, michael kors, nike free, mulberry, new balance pas cher, sac guess, air jordan, ray ban pas cher, louboutin, nike blazer, barbour, hollister, oakley pas cher, north face, true religion outlet, vans pas cher, vanessa bruno, polo ralph lauren, air max pas cher, ralph lauren, sac burberry, converse pas cher, michael kors, ray ban sunglasses, nike huarache, hogan outlet

oakleyses said...

louis vuitton, air max, converse shoes, thomas sabo, iphone 6 cases, rolex watches, hollister, moncler, hollister clothing store, swarovski, canada goose, montre homme, gucci, supra shoes, moncler, canada goose, pandora charms, toms shoes, moncler, parajumpers, baseball bats, timberland boots, ray ban, links of london, moncler, oakley, swarovski crystal, vans, lancel, air max, coach outlet store online, moncler, moncler outlet, ugg, juicy couture outlet, ralph lauren, wedding dresses, ugg, converse, moncler, canada goose uk, pandora jewelry, louboutin, hollister, karen millen, pandora charms, juicy couture outlet