Monday, January 25, 2010

I Suck At G.I. Joe

Yesterday was a rather ho-hum day.

While Karen went out to watch a movie with our friend (Jen), I diligently worked on installing a plywood subfloor for our first floor bathroom renovation project. Lately, this home improvement project has consumed most of my time and energy. I suppose I should ride the wave while I can before I totally burn out on the project.

Needless to say, the renovation project is coming along. Eventually, I will have to ask for some input from Karen on where she would like fixtures and whatnot so that I can either build things, run plumbing, run electrical, or whatever. Karen is a very visual person. So my drawing the design on a piece of paper or verbally mentioning things will do no good. Hopefully, I won't have to retrofit anything that I have already worked on. That's just extra work.

Anyway, when Karen returned from her excursion out, we decided to watch the next movie in her Netflix queue: G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra.

(The video below is a trailer for "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra".)


Now I suck at G.I. Joe. Growing up, I enjoyed the G.I. Joe cartoon... the G.I. comic books... the G.I. Joe action figures. Sure, things may have gotten a little ridiculous with G.I. Joe when they added William "The Refrigerator" Perry and Sgt Slaughter... but it was entertaining as a child. (And for anyone curious, my favorite G.I. Joe character was "Snake Eyes" who was probably everyone's favorite character back in the day. Snake Eyes was just... cool... with his black outfit... his martial arts... his uzi... his unknown past. Why... he reminds me a lot of myself... just kidding.)

The movie, however, was actually not that bad. I have seen worse movies based on toys (like Transformers). Probably the worst thing about the movie is Channing Tatum who plays Duke, which is interesting because Marlon Wayans is also in the movie. Marlon Wayans... surprisingly not that bad.

But like any movie, certain creative liberties were taken. Of course, I'd be curious to see how the sequel will play out now. Perhaps there will be a Scarlett versus Lady Jaye throwdown.

3 comments:

oakleyses said...

ray ban sunglasses, polo ralph lauren, air max, true religion jeans, burberry outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet, kate spade handbags, oakley sunglasses cheap, michael kors outlet, air max, michael kors outlet online sale, louis vuitton outlet, nike shoes, michael kors outlet, coach purses, louboutin, nike free, prada handbags, gucci outlet, longchamp handbags, christian louboutin, tory burch outlet, jordan shoes, coach outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton handbags, louboutin outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton outlet, longchamp outlet, kate spade outlet, true religion jeans, louis vuitton, coach factory outlet, burberry outlet, oakley sunglasses, prada outlet, coach outlet store online, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, oakley sunglasses, tiffany and co, chanel handbags, longchamp handbags, tiffany and co

oakleyses said...

hollister, lululemon outlet online, true religion outlet, louis vuitton, nike trainers, sac louis vuitton, sac louis vuitton, sac longchamp, polo lacoste, longchamp, timberland, air max, north face, nike air max, michael kors pas cher, abercrombie and fitch, air force, nike tn, nike free pas cher, sac hermes, air max, louis vuitton uk, nike roshe, nike roshe run, michael kors, nike free, mulberry, new balance pas cher, sac guess, air jordan, ray ban pas cher, louboutin, nike blazer, barbour, hollister, oakley pas cher, north face, true religion outlet, vans pas cher, vanessa bruno, polo ralph lauren, air max pas cher, ralph lauren, sac burberry, converse pas cher, michael kors, ray ban sunglasses, nike huarache, hogan outlet

oakleyses said...

ugg boots, nike roshe run, marc jacobs, canada goose jackets, new balance shoes, vans shoes, wedding dresses, ugg, insanity workout, lululemon outlet, ferragamo shoes, babyliss pro, abercrombie and fitch, beats by dre, instyler, ugg boots, hollister, mcm handbags, celine handbags, rolex watches, jimmy choo outlet, soccer shoes, birkin bag, north face outlet, herve leger, canada goose, nfl jerseys, chi flat iron, ugg pas cher, ghd, giuseppe zanotti, reebok outlet, ugg australia, asics running shoes, longchamp, canada goose outlet, soccer jerseys, ugg boots clearance, uggs, mont blanc, north face jackets, canada goose, mac cosmetics, p90x, valentino shoes, uggs outlet, canada goose, bottega veneta