Friday, January 29, 2010

I Suck At The Dentist

It was quite the interesting morning today.

I had an appointment scheduled with my dentist today. The appointment was for the usual recommended six month cleaning. Like most appointments that I have in Quincy, I drop Karen off in the morning at the train station and then hang out with my parents until its time for my appointment. Today was no different.

Needless to say, I walked from my parents' house to the dentist's office. Normally, it's not a bad walk. The problem, however, is that this morning was absolutely freezing. With the cold weather and the howling wind, the walk to the dentist's was terribly harsh and cold.

Luckily, I made it to my dentist's office okay. Unfortunately, when I walked into my dentist's office, the office was also cold albeit a little warmer than the temperature outside. Apparently, the furnace went out at my dentist's office. It turns out that one of the employees accidentally flooded the basement this morning. With the water all cleaned up, the furnace did eventually kick back on. Unfortunately, it takes a long while for the office to actually get heat. (I think when I left, one of the radiator ribs produced heat.)

If the flooding/lack of heat weren't a sign of things to come, my dental hygienist (Joan) then walked in with a cast on her arm. Joan had dislocated her pinky finger during a freak soccer playing incident with her family. She had been out all week. And it just so happened that I was her first patient since dislocating her finger. Lucky me!

I must say, I was quite impressed with Joan. She was still able to clean teeth with no problem. It almost reminded me Rick Allen, the drummer for Def Leppard who lost his left arm yet still continued to play drums for the band. Sure, it's two totally different situations. Joan wasn't using her feet to scrape the plaque from my teeth. But the fact that she was still able to perform with one arm was pretty amazing. At least, I thought so.

Anyway, when the cleaning was complete, my dentist came over to take a look at my teeth. The good news: no cavities! Unfortunately, I suck at the dentist. The bad news is that there are a couple of possible trouble spots that need to be monitored. Bummer! That was disappointing. Oh well.

3 comments:

oakleyses said...

ray ban sunglasses, polo ralph lauren, air max, true religion jeans, burberry outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet, kate spade handbags, oakley sunglasses cheap, michael kors outlet, air max, michael kors outlet online sale, louis vuitton outlet, nike shoes, michael kors outlet, coach purses, louboutin, nike free, prada handbags, gucci outlet, longchamp handbags, christian louboutin, tory burch outlet, jordan shoes, coach outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton handbags, louboutin outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton outlet, longchamp outlet, kate spade outlet, true religion jeans, louis vuitton, coach factory outlet, burberry outlet, oakley sunglasses, prada outlet, coach outlet store online, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, oakley sunglasses, tiffany and co, chanel handbags, longchamp handbags, tiffany and co

oakleyses said...

ugg boots, nike roshe run, marc jacobs, canada goose jackets, new balance shoes, vans shoes, wedding dresses, ugg, insanity workout, lululemon outlet, ferragamo shoes, babyliss pro, abercrombie and fitch, beats by dre, instyler, ugg boots, hollister, mcm handbags, celine handbags, rolex watches, jimmy choo outlet, soccer shoes, birkin bag, north face outlet, herve leger, canada goose, nfl jerseys, chi flat iron, ugg pas cher, ghd, giuseppe zanotti, reebok outlet, ugg australia, asics running shoes, longchamp, canada goose outlet, soccer jerseys, ugg boots clearance, uggs, mont blanc, north face jackets, canada goose, mac cosmetics, p90x, valentino shoes, uggs outlet, canada goose, bottega veneta

oakleyses said...

louis vuitton, air max, converse shoes, thomas sabo, iphone 6 cases, rolex watches, hollister, moncler, hollister clothing store, swarovski, canada goose, montre homme, gucci, supra shoes, moncler, canada goose, pandora charms, toms shoes, moncler, parajumpers, baseball bats, timberland boots, ray ban, links of london, moncler, oakley, swarovski crystal, vans, lancel, air max, coach outlet store online, moncler, moncler outlet, ugg, juicy couture outlet, ralph lauren, wedding dresses, ugg, converse, moncler, canada goose uk, pandora jewelry, louboutin, hollister, karen millen, pandora charms, juicy couture outlet