Sunday, December 18, 2011

I Suck At Megamind

On Friday, my friends (Marc and Kelley) were in the neighborhood. In an act of spontaneity, they contacted us to see if we were around. Lo' and behold, neither Karen nor I had any big plans for Friday. Such is the life of parents of a twenty month old (who is actually twenty one months old as of this posting).

Anyway, it was great seeing Marc and Kelley. We ordered takeout dinner from Uno's, which is located just up the street. On Marc's recommendation, I ordered the wild mushroom and Cabot cheddar artisan thin crust pizza. It was delicious. I devoured the entire pizza, which really is not a difficult feat for me if you know me.

From there, we just hung out and eventually ended up watching Megamind together. Now, I suck at Megamind. I had recorded the movie on my DVR months and months ago with the intent that some day Karen would be interested in having a family movie night. Marc and Kelley are essentially family, so it's good to know my plan worked.

(The following is a trailer for Megamind.)


All in all, the movie was very enjoyable. And as usual, it was fun hanging out with Marc and Kelley. Among some of the topics of discussion that came up were Mass Effect 2 (great game!) and the television show Grimm. Kelley has been trying to plug the show in an effort to get other people to watch it. I told her I'd give a go.

No comments: