Sunday, September 19, 2010

I Suck At Terminator Salvation

When Karen and our baby daughter (Briana) went to bed early Friday night, I decided to feed my addiction. That addiction: movies. Movies... and possibly video games... are like drugs to me. I'm a movieholic. (Sure, that's not a word, but I'm making it one now.)

Recently, Karen and I have been getting calls from Verizon. The only reason why we know Verizon even called is because our phone identifies callers. Thinking that the calls were nothing more than a marketing solicitation of some sorts, we never bothered to answer the phone. My favorite sister-in-law (Janine) would be proud, because I joke that she screens her calls whenever Karen calls.

Anyway, on a lark I decided to finally answer the phone when Verizon called. It turns out that Verizon wanted to give me free HBO and Cinemax service for three months. Thinking nothing of it, I naturally agreed. (I am, after all, a very agreeable person.) So why not get HBO and Cinemax free for a few months?

Needless to say, the free trial did not start until Friday. I was pretty excited. Karen... not so much because she knows about my addiction. Interestingly enough, I think my movie entertainment addiction is genetic because when I mentioned the free HBO trial for a few months to my mother, her eyes lit up with excitement as well. I guess in my mother's case, the movies give her something to watch while Briana is taking a nap during her care.

Anyway, the first movie I watched during this free trial period was Terminator Salvation. Now, I suck at Terminator Salvation.

(The video below is a trailer for Terminator Salvation.)


As far as sequels go, the movie was okay. And for anyone curious, Terminator: Salvation was the movie in which Christian Bale got a lot of flack for as he went on a expletive tirade about the movie's cinematographer.

Even though I missed the third installment of the series, I had to watch this sequel. After all, I've invested so much time already into the other movies (except the third movie in the series), that I had to at least see how the series plays out. Apparently, there is going to be additional sequels (of course).

And like I said, the movie was okay. I wasn't wowed like when I first watched the original Terminator, but I was entertained. Back in the 80s, the concept of cyborgs was pretty cool. And in the movie's defense, Terminator Salvation was definitely much better than the short-lived television series. (I told you I invested too much already in the Terminator franchise.)

2 comments:

oakleyses said...

louis vuitton outlet stores, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, nike free, kate spade outlet, true religion jeans, louis vuitton handbags, tory burch outlet, polo ralph lauren, longchamp handbags, tiffany and co, gucci outlet, louis vuitton outlet, louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, prada outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, louboutin outlet, coach outlet, true religion jeans, polo ralph lauren outlet, longchamp handbags, chanel handbags, air max, coach outlet store online, coach purses, michael kors outlet online sale, air max, tiffany and co, oakley sunglasses, jordan shoes, burberry outlet, burberry outlet, michael kors outlet, prada handbags, oakley sunglasses cheap, longchamp outlet, nike shoes, louboutin, louis vuitton outlet, kate spade handbags, christian louboutin, coach factory outlet, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton

oakleyses said...

montre homme, air max, juicy couture outlet, moncler, iphone 6 cases, hollister, juicy couture outlet, swarovski crystal, air max, moncler, vans, swarovski, moncler, parajumpers, timberland boots, rolex watches, oakley, hollister clothing store, pandora charms, ralph lauren, pandora jewelry, lancel, wedding dresses, moncler, baseball bats, louis vuitton, toms shoes, converse, converse shoes, louboutin, canada goose, canada goose, supra shoes, hollister, ugg, karen millen, ugg, thomas sabo, moncler, links of london, gucci, moncler, coach outlet store online, pandora charms, moncler outlet, ray ban