Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I Suck At Ghost Adventures

Geez, I'm slacking. I haven't blogged in several days. (Enter "I suck at blogging" line.) Where has all the time gone?

Anyway, this past Friday my friends (Marc and Kelley) stopped by for a visit. Marc and Kelley were in the neighborhood as they had gone out to eat at Pizzeria Uno located in Hanover. Taking care of our baby daughter (Briana), Karen and I were naturally home on a Friday night. Our only big plans for the night was a trip to the local grocery store. Yes, it's a very exciting life we lead.

As usual, it was great to see and hang out with Marc and Kelley. Prior to Unos, they had watched Resident Evil: Afterlife in 3-D. Since the new 3-D technology came out, I have yet to watch a movie in the theaters in 3-D. The last thing I watched in 3-D was the Hannah Montana concert, which my niece (Kaleigh) really wanted to watch. (And sure, I'll admit that I may have also wanted to watch it as well. It is, after all, the best of both worlds.)

Based on Kelley's description of the 3-D technology, the Hannah Montana concert which I thought was interestingly done at the time now seems totally archaic. One of the things that I quite never liked about 3-D movies in the past was the lack of color. According to Kelley, who likewise shared my dislike of the monochrome color from old 3-D movies due to the red and blue lenses, the latest 3-D technology is vastly superior. For Kelley, it was her first time watching a movie in the theaters in 3-D and she was impressed. (She was not impressed enough to buy a 3-D television, but impressed enough to continue watching movies in 3-D.)

Anyway, with Marc and Kelley over, we ended up watching an episode of Ghost Adventures. Now, I suck at Ghost Adventures. For anyone curious, the show is about a group of three friends who investigate haunted locations. And by "investigate", I mean they antagonize ghosts by yelling at them. To me, the premise sounds silly. Although if you are my friend (Garv), you probably are quivering in your boots just hearing the word "ghost".

Needless to say, I found the show comical. Apparently, Marc and Kelley find the show more amusing after having a few drinks as well. And truth be told, I find a lot of things more comical after drinking too. For instance, Blade 2 was a great movie if you were slightly inebriated on star-burst martinis.

All in all, it was a fun night hanging out with Marc and Kelley. I'm glad they stopped on by on Friday night. It definitely made it a great night.