Sunday, June 17, 2012

I Suck At Stars On Hingham Harbor

My BFF (Kerry) threw together some plans for tonight. That plan: Stars on Hingham Harbor for dinner. Now, I suck at Stars on Hingham Harbor. I haven't been there in quite some time. For that matter, I haven't seen Kerry in some time so my status as BFF may be in jeopardy.

Luckily for me, today also happened to be Quincy's annual Flag day parade. Because Karen is a huge fan of parades, she took our kids with her to the parade to meet up with our friend (Jen). And probably because this weekend is Father's Day weekend, I actually had a choice about attending the parade this year.

I have never been a fan of parades. For me, the most interesting part of a parade is the end. Just kidding. There are certain things I enjoy about parades: bagpipes and horses. If there were a parade simply of horses and bagpipes, I might be inclined to go. Needless to say, I opted not to go to Quincy's flag day parade this year.

And truth be told, as selfish as it sounds, I actually needed some "me" time. Don't get me wrong. I love my kids. Taking care of children can just get too much at times. So I appreciated the break that Karen provided for me.

Attending the "all" Stars dinner were my friends (Marc, Kelley) and Kerry's coworker/friend (Sam, short for Samantha). It was a nice surprise to see "I love [insert anything here]" Sam. She cracks me up, probably because she loves any and everything. Although apparently, I found out today that she does not like yogurt or blueberries.

Anyway, dinner was good as usual. I had the Thanksgiving Turkey Burger. It was good. Someday I'll try the food challenge... someday. Nevertheless, it was definitely good to laugh and be silly with everyone. On an unrelated note, Kerry is a big fan of the fried pickles at Stars.

Speaking of Kerry, it turns out that the house she had made an offer to (back three weeks ago) declined her offer without making an counter offer. In fact, the sellers declined Kerry's subsequent offer as well without any counter offers. I got a chuckle when Kerry compared it to dating.

Following dinner, we went to Frozen Freddies in Quincy. Like on Thursday, I just couldn't get myself to get ice cream there. Kimball Farms in Westford... you've ruined my ice cream eating by being so delicious! Just kidding. For Sam, however, it was her first time. So it was fun going there with her for her first Frozen Freddies ice cream.

In fact, Sam learned a lot about Quincy today. Not only did she learn about Frozen Freddies, she learned about Quincy's Flag day parade and how the parade is one of the oldest ones in the country celebrating Flag day. Heck, she even got a little tour of Marc and Kelley's place... also in Quincy... after the ice cream excursion.

While at Marc and Kelley's, we simply hung out and had some more laughs while watching Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives on the Food Network. I thought the selection of television programming was an interesting choice since the group watching the show included someone who "loves" every type of food except yogurt and blueberries, someone who has a finite palate, someone who has gluten allergies, someone who is close to being a foodie, and me. I'll eat anything. I might not like it, but I'll eat it.

Anyway, some of the other topics of conversation that came up were Guy Fieri's real name (Guy Ferry), Anne Burrell being outed, Zooey Deschanel (who is "loved"), the Riddick sequel, and a documentary on South African children with AIDS. All in all, it was a fun and enjoyable time.

4 comments:

oakleyses said...

louis vuitton outlet stores, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, nike free, kate spade outlet, true religion jeans, louis vuitton handbags, tory burch outlet, polo ralph lauren, longchamp handbags, tiffany and co, gucci outlet, louis vuitton outlet, louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, prada outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, louboutin outlet, coach outlet, true religion jeans, polo ralph lauren outlet, longchamp handbags, chanel handbags, air max, coach outlet store online, coach purses, michael kors outlet online sale, air max, tiffany and co, oakley sunglasses, jordan shoes, burberry outlet, burberry outlet, michael kors outlet, prada handbags, oakley sunglasses cheap, longchamp outlet, nike shoes, louboutin, louis vuitton outlet, kate spade handbags, christian louboutin, coach factory outlet, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton

oakleyses said...

christian louboutin, michael kors outlet online sale, air max, michael kors outlet, longchamp outlet, burberry outlet, oakley sunglasses, coach outlet store online, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses cheap, jordan shoes, nike free, prada outlet, coach outlet, oakley sunglasses, nike shoes, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin outlet, burberry outlet, air max, true religion jeans, chanel handbags, louis vuitton, coach factory outlet, prada handbags, tiffany and co, polo ralph lauren outlet, longchamp handbags, louboutin, louis vuitton handbags, ray ban sunglasses, gucci outlet, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, tory burch outlet, longchamp handbags, kate spade outlet, true religion jeans, kate spade handbags, louis vuitton outlet stores, michael kors outlet, coach purses, michael kors outlet, polo ralph lauren, michael kors outlet, louboutin shoes

oakleyses said...

montre homme, air max, juicy couture outlet, moncler, iphone 6 cases, hollister, juicy couture outlet, swarovski crystal, air max, moncler, vans, swarovski, moncler, parajumpers, timberland boots, rolex watches, oakley, hollister clothing store, pandora charms, ralph lauren, pandora jewelry, lancel, wedding dresses, moncler, baseball bats, louis vuitton, toms shoes, converse, converse shoes, louboutin, canada goose, canada goose, supra shoes, hollister, ugg, karen millen, ugg, thomas sabo, moncler, links of london, gucci, moncler, coach outlet store online, pandora charms, moncler outlet, ray ban

oakleyses said...

north face jackets, nike roshe run, vans shoes, rolex watches, ugg boots, ugg boots clearance, north face outlet, canada goose, jimmy choo outlet, ghd, canada goose jackets, mac cosmetics, reebok outlet, lululemon outlet, herve leger, new balance shoes, valentino shoes, p90x, babyliss pro, insanity workout, giuseppe zanotti, marc jacobs, wedding dresses, asics running shoes, canada goose outlet, uggs outlet, soccer jerseys, celine handbags, ugg boots, mont blanc, instyler, canada goose, ferragamo shoes, nfl jerseys, abercrombie and fitch, ugg pas cher, beats by dre, mcm handbags, birkin bag, ugg australia, soccer shoes, canada goose uk, uggs, chi flat iron, ugg, bottega veneta, canada goose