Wednesday, June 6, 2012

I Suck At Deliveries

Yesterday was like Christmas if your Christmas wishlist included a laptop and a way to get rid of mosquitos. Yep, it was a fun day yesterday getting two packages delivered. Too bad I suck at deliveries.

Coincidentally, the two packages arrived on the same day. The first package was from Dell. I've had my Sony Vaio laptop for quite some time now. I'm not sure how long I have owned that laptop, but it has been a long time. I had gotten that laptop when I still worked in Boston, which was well over three years ago. At the time, Sony was offering a trade-up program where they would provide a discount on one of their laptops if you traded in any laptop. It was really a no-brainer to do the trade-up program because I had a decrepit laptop at the time. Plus, there was peer pressure involved since my boss did the trade-up program at the same time.

Sadly, Sony no longer offers a trade-up program. Oh well. Needless to say, my Sony laptop has been a little sluggish of late due to its age. And rather than waste precious time waiting for the computer to boot up and launch certain applications, Karen and I decided that it was time for a new computer. Hence, we went with a Dell Inspirion 14z which was on sale.

Interestingly enough, the same laptop was part of another sale for $50 cheaper three days after I had ordered the laptop. But I have to hand it to Dell. I inquired about the difference and they credited me the difference. Yay Dell! Well, I haven't actually gotten the credit yet, but it is supposed to go through or so they told me.

The other package was from a company called The Mosquito Store. For a couple of years, my Mosquito Magnet has not been working. Because I'm particular about things, I am usually good about maintaining my things. Among those things is the Mosquito Magnet. I would clean it after each season. I'd use the quick clear cartridges as recommended. One season, the Mosquito Magnet never started back up and it has since sat in my garage for some time.

Well, thanks to my favorite brother-in-law (PJ), I had come into possession of another Mosquito Magnet. PJ left it on my front porch one day. Sadly, that particular Mosquito Magnet was in worse shape than mine. After spending a brief moment trying to see if I could use it for parts to fix my own Mosquito Magnet, I decided to see if I could at least do something with it.

Anyway, I came upon a store in Rhode Island that does an exchange program with Mosquito Magnets. Essentially, they send a refurbished Mosquito Magnet when one is sent to them. After some deliberation, I decided to give the company a try. So, I shipped the Mosquito Magnet. Lo and behold, they sent a fully functional Mosquito Magnet back. Granted, I still have one Mosquito Magnet that does not work, but it's better than having two Mosquito Magnets that don't work.

Needless to say, I spent most of yesterday setting up the things that were delivered. I got the Mosquito Magnet up and running in the yard. I added printer drivers, applications, and whatnot to the Dell laptop. For anyone curious, I am using the Dell laptop right now as I type this post. It definitely is nicer than my old laptop. All in all, yesterday was a fun busy day.

4 comments:

oakleyses said...

louis vuitton outlet stores, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, nike free, kate spade outlet, true religion jeans, louis vuitton handbags, tory burch outlet, polo ralph lauren, longchamp handbags, tiffany and co, gucci outlet, louis vuitton outlet, louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, prada outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, louboutin outlet, coach outlet, true religion jeans, polo ralph lauren outlet, longchamp handbags, chanel handbags, air max, coach outlet store online, coach purses, michael kors outlet online sale, air max, tiffany and co, oakley sunglasses, jordan shoes, burberry outlet, burberry outlet, michael kors outlet, prada handbags, oakley sunglasses cheap, longchamp outlet, nike shoes, louboutin, louis vuitton outlet, kate spade handbags, christian louboutin, coach factory outlet, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton

oakleyses said...

christian louboutin, michael kors outlet online sale, air max, michael kors outlet, longchamp outlet, burberry outlet, oakley sunglasses, coach outlet store online, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses cheap, jordan shoes, nike free, prada outlet, coach outlet, oakley sunglasses, nike shoes, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin outlet, burberry outlet, air max, true religion jeans, chanel handbags, louis vuitton, coach factory outlet, prada handbags, tiffany and co, polo ralph lauren outlet, longchamp handbags, louboutin, louis vuitton handbags, ray ban sunglasses, gucci outlet, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, tory burch outlet, longchamp handbags, kate spade outlet, true religion jeans, kate spade handbags, louis vuitton outlet stores, michael kors outlet, coach purses, michael kors outlet, polo ralph lauren, michael kors outlet, louboutin shoes

oakleyses said...

montre homme, air max, juicy couture outlet, moncler, iphone 6 cases, hollister, juicy couture outlet, swarovski crystal, air max, moncler, vans, swarovski, moncler, parajumpers, timberland boots, rolex watches, oakley, hollister clothing store, pandora charms, ralph lauren, pandora jewelry, lancel, wedding dresses, moncler, baseball bats, louis vuitton, toms shoes, converse, converse shoes, louboutin, canada goose, canada goose, supra shoes, hollister, ugg, karen millen, ugg, thomas sabo, moncler, links of london, gucci, moncler, coach outlet store online, pandora charms, moncler outlet, ray ban

oakleyses said...

north face jackets, nike roshe run, vans shoes, rolex watches, ugg boots, ugg boots clearance, north face outlet, canada goose, jimmy choo outlet, ghd, canada goose jackets, mac cosmetics, reebok outlet, lululemon outlet, herve leger, new balance shoes, valentino shoes, p90x, babyliss pro, insanity workout, giuseppe zanotti, marc jacobs, wedding dresses, asics running shoes, canada goose outlet, uggs outlet, soccer jerseys, celine handbags, ugg boots, mont blanc, instyler, canada goose, ferragamo shoes, nfl jerseys, abercrombie and fitch, ugg pas cher, beats by dre, mcm handbags, birkin bag, ugg australia, soccer shoes, canada goose uk, uggs, chi flat iron, ugg, bottega veneta, canada goose