Sunday, June 10, 2012

I Suck At Marshfield Tavern On Proprietor's Green

Today has been quite the busy day.

The day started off with a visit to Great Clips located in Hanover. A while ago, Karen and I received a flyer from Great Clips complete with coupon. If the coupon weren't enticing enough, the flyer mentioned how the place was for children and adults alike. Naturally, we decided to give it a try because my two year old daughter (Briana) has been in need of a haircut for some time. She's starting to look like a Japanese anime character.

Don't get me wrong. Karen would occasionally trim Briana's bangs. But since neither of us were experienced professional hair stylists, we thought maybe it was time to bring her in to see one. Interestingly enough, Briana was good during the haircut. I was quite pleased with her behavior. Granted, her haircut lasted probably all of five minutes, one minute of which was to get a booster seat. But all in all, it was good.

Following Great Clips, Karen and I ran some errands which included going to Briana's favorite store, Target, as well as going to the High School track where Briana wanted to run around. I was also able to go to the local Walgreen's in Weymouth to pick up a Blue Rhino propane tank, as well as the Home Depot in Rockland. I have been curious about Blue Rhino propane tanks for some time. And rather than continue my curiosity, I decided to just go ahead and exchange my existing propane tank for a Blue Rhino tank.

My existing propane tank is quite old. So exchanging it for a clean Blue Rhino tank was a no-brainer. And of course, the exchange was even more enticing because there was a rebate for the tank exchange. But like I said, we'll see how it goes with Blue Rhino.

Anyway, following my errands across the South Shore, I ended up back home only to spend the next couple of hours mowing the lawn. One of the reasons why it took so long was because there was just too much to mow on the side by my house. The past few days of rain hasn't helped either. The hours of lawn mowing, however, did let my mind wander and contemplate about things. Among those random thoughts were: maybe it is time to get a ride on lawn mower; maybe I should convince my friend (Andrea) to mow the lawn because it's a nice way to work on a tan; and what if I went to my high school reunion as someone else in an effort to see just how true the stereotype is that all Asians look the same.

For anyone curious, my 20 year high school reunion is scheduled for this year. I have debated about attending it. I would say that I have a unique circle of friends because most of my friends are from high school. I don't think a lot of other people remain in contact with high school friends the way my circle of friends have. So it's not like I'd be missing out on a whole lot if I didn't attend.

I did not go to the 5 year reunion, taking the stance that 5 years was not enough time to warrant a reunion. For most of us, it was going to be one year after graduating college. And really, what is there to say after that? I was on the fence for the 10 year reunion because that was possibly enough of a time difference.

Don't get me wrong. I am not avoiding high school reunions because I had a bad experience in high school. I guess that's not entirely true. Not having hot blonde cheerleaders like on television was definitely an awful experience. Just kidding. Some people I know dreaded high school. For me, high school was just a place to hang out with friends... with the occasional learning part thrown in of course.

Anyway, I'm on the fence for the 20 year reunion in part because... if people are like me and my adipose... then it will be interesting to see how much people have physically changed. But we'll see if I go. And for anyone curious, the whole reason that I even started thinking about doing something silly like pretending to go to the reunion as another Asian while mowing the lawn is because I recently received some Facebook message about the upcoming reunion. Some people had responded to the Facebook message, to which I thought: Who is that person? Did I graduate with that person? Is my memory really that bad? What if I responded to the message, would other people ask who am I? What if I went as someone else? Who could I go as... insert Asian name here to see if the stereotype is true.

Yes, I have a peculiar train of thought at times. Before I knew it, it was time for dinner. Speaking of which, Karen and I decided to take Briana and our three month old daughter (Bridget) to the Marshfield Tavern on Proprietor's Green, located in Marshfield. This may be a record as to the number of cities and towns of the South Shore that I have been to within one day.

Now I suck at Marshfield Tavern on Proprietor's Green. Neither Karen nor I have ever been to the "Tavern". I had only heard about the place because it was located near the Roche Bros... and an "active adult" community. But since Karen was interested, we decided to go. We weren't sure what to expect, in part because of the 55+ community nearby. As a side note, we drove around the 55+ community and I must say, the houses there are beautiful and spacious. I wish I were 55... and rich.

Regardless, the tavern was a great family experience. I had the fried haddock sandwich with sweet potato fries. The food was served promptly. It tasted good as Briana can attest to. The service was great. (For anyone curious, we had the apple crisp dessert too. Yum!) All in all, I would say the restaurant was a pleasant family experience. I'd definitely recommend the place to someone. I enjoyed it.

And the day did not end with dinner. After dinner, we decided to have a family movie night because ABC Family was showing Finding Nemo. For me, watching the movie was memorable because it was the first time Briana actually watched a movie. Most times, she would run around and play while something is on the television in the background. That includes her favorite show, Sesame Street... or Elmo TV as she likes to call it.

But not this time. This time, she cuddled right up on the couch and watched Finding Nemo. I thought it was a riot to see her engrossed in the movie. It was definitely fun.

All in all, it was a busy day... one that passed with a blink of an eye. It's days like these which make me wish I could slow down time to savor the moment.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

I have never mowed a lawn, but if you can teach me, you sold me on the tanning part. Although, I have never finished the job of demolishing the frost heave, so I can't say I am your most reliable option.

oakleyses said...

louis vuitton outlet stores, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, nike free, kate spade outlet, true religion jeans, louis vuitton handbags, tory burch outlet, polo ralph lauren, longchamp handbags, tiffany and co, gucci outlet, louis vuitton outlet, louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, prada outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, louboutin outlet, coach outlet, true religion jeans, polo ralph lauren outlet, longchamp handbags, chanel handbags, air max, coach outlet store online, coach purses, michael kors outlet online sale, air max, tiffany and co, oakley sunglasses, jordan shoes, burberry outlet, burberry outlet, michael kors outlet, prada handbags, oakley sunglasses cheap, longchamp outlet, nike shoes, louboutin, louis vuitton outlet, kate spade handbags, christian louboutin, coach factory outlet, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton

oakleyses said...

christian louboutin, michael kors outlet online sale, air max, michael kors outlet, longchamp outlet, burberry outlet, oakley sunglasses, coach outlet store online, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses cheap, jordan shoes, nike free, prada outlet, coach outlet, oakley sunglasses, nike shoes, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin outlet, burberry outlet, air max, true religion jeans, chanel handbags, louis vuitton, coach factory outlet, prada handbags, tiffany and co, polo ralph lauren outlet, longchamp handbags, louboutin, louis vuitton handbags, ray ban sunglasses, gucci outlet, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, tory burch outlet, longchamp handbags, kate spade outlet, true religion jeans, kate spade handbags, louis vuitton outlet stores, michael kors outlet, coach purses, michael kors outlet, polo ralph lauren, michael kors outlet, louboutin shoes

oakleyses said...

montre homme, air max, juicy couture outlet, moncler, iphone 6 cases, hollister, juicy couture outlet, swarovski crystal, air max, moncler, vans, swarovski, moncler, parajumpers, timberland boots, rolex watches, oakley, hollister clothing store, pandora charms, ralph lauren, pandora jewelry, lancel, wedding dresses, moncler, baseball bats, louis vuitton, toms shoes, converse, converse shoes, louboutin, canada goose, canada goose, supra shoes, hollister, ugg, karen millen, ugg, thomas sabo, moncler, links of london, gucci, moncler, coach outlet store online, pandora charms, moncler outlet, ray ban

oakleyses said...

north face jackets, nike roshe run, vans shoes, rolex watches, ugg boots, ugg boots clearance, north face outlet, canada goose, jimmy choo outlet, ghd, canada goose jackets, mac cosmetics, reebok outlet, lululemon outlet, herve leger, new balance shoes, valentino shoes, p90x, babyliss pro, insanity workout, giuseppe zanotti, marc jacobs, wedding dresses, asics running shoes, canada goose outlet, uggs outlet, soccer jerseys, celine handbags, ugg boots, mont blanc, instyler, canada goose, ferragamo shoes, nfl jerseys, abercrombie and fitch, ugg pas cher, beats by dre, mcm handbags, birkin bag, ugg australia, soccer shoes, canada goose uk, uggs, chi flat iron, ugg, bottega veneta, canada goose