Saturday, June 30, 2012

I Suck At Fixing Bath Fans

Thankfully, it's Friday. It has been a pretty exhausting week.

Among one of the highlights for today was picking up my car from the shop. For most of last week, my car had trouble starting. It would crank and crank and crank. And if I were lucky, it would finally catch and start. Since this was unusual behavior for my 2010 car, I brought it in to the dealership to have them take a look.

The good news is the car is still under warranty, so the service did not cost me anything. The bad news: they couldn't find the cause of the problem. I will have to admit, it's very annoying when the problem cannot be identified because there is that lingering doubt in the back of my head that thinks when will my car not start up again. But at least they were able to reproduce the slow crank when I brought the car in. After they had reproduced it and ran their tests, they couldn't find anything. Bizarre.

Needless to say, I was not too thrilled by the expert diagnosis. Interestingly enough though, the car starts like it had done prior to last week. Maybe my car just doesn't like the heat. I suppose my car is like me that way.

Aside from my car fiasco, I got to spend the night with my two daughters because Karen was invited to some makeup party at my favorite sister-in-law's (Janine). For anyone curious, Karen doesn't wear makeup. Odd, right? So normally, the opportunity to spend time with the kids would be the highlight of the night. But not tonight.

Sadly no. My four month old (Bridget) was quite the fussy one tonight. There may have been a good stretch where I heard nothing but crying.

Anyway, the most exciting part of today was actually fixing the bath fan. Now, I suck at fixing bath fans. And when I mean "fix", I mean I did absolutely nothing. A couple of days ago, the bath fan stopped working. The light for the bath fan in our master bedroom was on one night because my aforementioned four month old was being fussy (trend?) and did not want to go to bed. In a completely dark room, that light was the furthest from Bridget that wouldn't illuminate the entire room.

Shortly after using the light from the bath fan, the light completely shut off. I attempted to flick the switch back on and the light would not come on. I then tested the switch for the fan and it too would not turn on. Exhausted, I told myself that I'd take a look at the issue this weekend.

But then it dawned on me today. The issue was probably a result of the GFCI outlet being tripped. Lo and behold, I took a look at the GFCI outlet and it indicated that there was a fault current. After resetting the outlet, I tried the bath fan and light. Voila! Genius. I love projects that don't require doing anything.

3 comments:

oakleyses said...

louis vuitton outlet stores, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, nike free, kate spade outlet, true religion jeans, louis vuitton handbags, tory burch outlet, polo ralph lauren, longchamp handbags, tiffany and co, gucci outlet, louis vuitton outlet, louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, prada outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, louboutin outlet, coach outlet, true religion jeans, polo ralph lauren outlet, longchamp handbags, chanel handbags, air max, coach outlet store online, coach purses, michael kors outlet online sale, air max, tiffany and co, oakley sunglasses, jordan shoes, burberry outlet, burberry outlet, michael kors outlet, prada handbags, oakley sunglasses cheap, longchamp outlet, nike shoes, louboutin, louis vuitton outlet, kate spade handbags, christian louboutin, coach factory outlet, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton

oakleyses said...

christian louboutin, michael kors outlet online sale, air max, michael kors outlet, longchamp outlet, burberry outlet, oakley sunglasses, coach outlet store online, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses cheap, jordan shoes, nike free, prada outlet, coach outlet, oakley sunglasses, nike shoes, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin outlet, burberry outlet, air max, true religion jeans, chanel handbags, louis vuitton, coach factory outlet, prada handbags, tiffany and co, polo ralph lauren outlet, longchamp handbags, louboutin, louis vuitton handbags, ray ban sunglasses, gucci outlet, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, tory burch outlet, longchamp handbags, kate spade outlet, true religion jeans, kate spade handbags, louis vuitton outlet stores, michael kors outlet, coach purses, michael kors outlet, polo ralph lauren, michael kors outlet, louboutin shoes

oakleyses said...

north face jackets, nike roshe run, vans shoes, rolex watches, ugg boots, ugg boots clearance, north face outlet, canada goose, jimmy choo outlet, ghd, canada goose jackets, mac cosmetics, reebok outlet, lululemon outlet, herve leger, new balance shoes, valentino shoes, p90x, babyliss pro, insanity workout, giuseppe zanotti, marc jacobs, wedding dresses, asics running shoes, canada goose outlet, uggs outlet, soccer jerseys, celine handbags, ugg boots, mont blanc, instyler, canada goose, ferragamo shoes, nfl jerseys, abercrombie and fitch, ugg pas cher, beats by dre, mcm handbags, birkin bag, ugg australia, soccer shoes, canada goose uk, uggs, chi flat iron, ugg, bottega veneta, canada goose