Sunday, August 7, 2011

I Suck At Onset

Starting today, Karen, my sixteen month old daughter (Briana) and I will be in scenic Onset for the entire week. Yes, it's true. I suck at Onset. The last time Karen and I were in Onset was over two years ago.

At that time, it was just Karen and I along with our friend (Andrea) and my BFF (Kerry). I had a great time. After all, what could be better than hanging out with friends and having fun for a week... and eating as much ice cream as humanly possible within a one week period.

Well, fast forward two years. This time around, Kerry was able to get the two adjoining houses during the same week from the same renter she used two years ago (and last year as well). Thus, in one of the houses was Kerry and my friends (Marc and Kelley); In the other house was Karen, Briana, Andrea and I.

Apparently, this was the week to come to Onset. After all, the annual blues festival was being held today in Onset. For anyone curious, it was the 19th annual blues festival. At the same time, the Pan Mass Challenge was taking place in Onset. And who was riding this year in the Pan Mass Challenge? None other than the most famous cyclist in U.S. history, Lance Armstrong.

Needless to say, seeing Lance Armstrong ride down the streets of Onset made Kerry's day. (Kerry is a fan of all things Tour de France) Personally, I think all riders look the same.

Anyway, it was a good start to the vacation week. After grabbing a bite to eat at Marc Anthony's, we hung out at the beach. For Briana, this was her first time at the beach. So I was curious as to how she would react to the sand and all of that. She seemed to enjoy it well enough, especially the sand. And really, what's not to like with the sun and cool breeze on the beach?

And as an added bonus, the Sigma Sigma Sigma sorority happened to be on the beach. For anyone curious, sororities are nothing like television. Like television's depiction of cheerleaders, sorority girls are not what one would normally expect. Well, they are not what I would expect. I expect shiny objects. I was so wrong.

Following the veg out period at the beach, a few of us headed to the grocery store before grilling some burgers and hot dogs. And by grilling, I mean having the owner of our adjoining houses grill our burgers and dogs. It was pure coincidence that they were using the grill when we were getting hungry. So we were lucky enough to have them grill our food for us. What service!

After dinner, I spent the rest of the night at the house while everyone else went out for ice cream. I was actually glad that Karen got to go out with everyone. She doesn't get to go out with everyone when it's just her. So it was nice that she was able to do it tonight.

So while they were out getting ice cream, I did what any normal closet fan would do. I watched Friday Night Lights... season 2. I'm not sure if Briana quite likes the show since she was crying practically for the entire first episode. Granted, she was put down to go to bed before I started watching the dvd. Yes, my daughter does not like going to sleep. She will cry, wail and scream herself to sleep. Of course, I would never admit it, but it breaks my heart at times to hear her cry and scream.

But once she does go down, she is good. I sometimes think that Briana thinks she is missing out on what is going on by going to bed. If she only knew the truth... that her daddy is watching countless episodes of Friday Night Lights back to back. Oh well. I guess she is like me that way (since it's well past three in the morning and I am still up). She just likes to be up.

Anyway, today was a great day. It was a nice start to the vacation.

2 comments:

oakleyses said...

christian louboutin, michael kors outlet online sale, air max, michael kors outlet, longchamp outlet, burberry outlet, oakley sunglasses, coach outlet store online, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses cheap, jordan shoes, nike free, prada outlet, coach outlet, oakley sunglasses, nike shoes, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin outlet, burberry outlet, air max, true religion jeans, chanel handbags, louis vuitton, coach factory outlet, prada handbags, tiffany and co, polo ralph lauren outlet, longchamp handbags, louboutin, louis vuitton handbags, ray ban sunglasses, gucci outlet, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, tory burch outlet, longchamp handbags, kate spade outlet, true religion jeans, kate spade handbags, louis vuitton outlet stores, michael kors outlet, coach purses, michael kors outlet, polo ralph lauren, michael kors outlet, louboutin shoes

oakleyses said...

montre homme, air max, juicy couture outlet, moncler, iphone 6 cases, hollister, juicy couture outlet, swarovski crystal, air max, moncler, vans, swarovski, moncler, parajumpers, timberland boots, rolex watches, oakley, hollister clothing store, pandora charms, ralph lauren, pandora jewelry, lancel, wedding dresses, moncler, baseball bats, louis vuitton, toms shoes, converse, converse shoes, louboutin, canada goose, canada goose, supra shoes, hollister, ugg, karen millen, ugg, thomas sabo, moncler, links of london, gucci, moncler, coach outlet store online, pandora charms, moncler outlet, ray ban