Friday, August 12, 2011

I Suck At The Lobster Pot

Thursday was a day of dining out.

In the morning, my friends (Marc, Kelley, Andrea), my BFF (Kerry), Karen, my sixteen month old daughter (Briana) and I went out for breakfast as a group. We haven't done breakfast together this week, so we figured that Thursday was as good a day as any.

The local place we went for breakfast was called Persy's Place. To be honest, I was not that impressed with Persy's Place. I had ordered the pancake sampler, choosing the blueberry pancake as my pancake. I thought the blueberry pancake just did not taste good. In fact, I enjoyed Karen's chocolate chip pancake much better. At first, I thought it was just me. But it turns out that Kerry was not too impressed either with her order, which was a short stack of blueberry pancakes. Maybe it's the blueberry pancakes. All in all, I was disappointed with Persy's Place.

Following breakfast, all of us basically headed off to the beach for some fun in the sun. Sadly, I think I may have had too much fun because I think I may have burned the top of my back. I have that stiff tight feeling around my shoulders. Bummer.

Anyway, Kerry's friend (Steve) was able to join us for some beach fun. Steve was able to come down after work and hang out. I think ever since the photo scavenger hunt that I organized last year, Marc, Kelley and Andrea have grown pretty fond of Steve. Nothing brings a group together like taking silly pictures, right?

Naturally, we decided to go out for dinner. Among the reasons for the group dinner was that Kelley had to get lobster. I'm not exactly sure how that tradition started, but I think it may have something to do with their Onset vacation from last year. So our quest for Kelley's lobster began.

Before we left of course, I called my friend (Cass) to wish him a happy birthday. So happy birthday Cass!

Anyway, the first place we tried was called Lindsey's Family Restaurant. The visit lasted for all of five minutes (from the car to the front of the building) because the place was absolutely packed. Rather than wait, we opted to try another place.

So next on the lobster tour was Barnacle Bill's Seafood. That visit lasted even shorter than Lindsey's as I drove into the parking lot and pretty much drove out of it. The consensus was that people in the other car did not want to eat in the car. There was a brief pause in the parking lot whereby a random stranger returning to her car from Barnacle Bill's told us that the Lobster Pot, which was also a nearby restaurant, had great food. Of course, I had to ask her the reason as to why if the Lobster Pot had such great food, why was she at Barnacle Bill's in the first place. (For anyone curious, she mentioned that it had to do with her kids tastes.)

Anyway, we finally ended up at The Lobster Pot. Now, I suck at the Lobster Pot. Luckily, all three restaurants were pretty close to one another.

I'm actually glad we ended up at the Lobster Pot because the food was delicious. I think I may have enjoyed Andrea's meal more than mine though. Andrea had fried scallops. I had a crab roll. But those scallops were amazing. They were not greasy at all. Karen had the "fish on a bun", which was basically a haddock sandwich. Briana apparently enjoyed the "fish on a bun" too, which was good considering her recent fickleness with protein. Go DHA!

All in all, I enjoyed the Lobster Pot. I can see why the Phantom Gourmet enjoyed it as well. For anyone curious, Kelley did end up with her lobster dinner. I thought it was funny how you could choose the lobster that you wanted to eat, much like how some steak places do that with steak. (And there were some big lobsters too.)

3 comments:

oakleyses said...

christian louboutin, michael kors outlet online sale, air max, michael kors outlet, longchamp outlet, burberry outlet, oakley sunglasses, coach outlet store online, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses cheap, jordan shoes, nike free, prada outlet, coach outlet, oakley sunglasses, nike shoes, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin outlet, burberry outlet, air max, true religion jeans, chanel handbags, louis vuitton, coach factory outlet, prada handbags, tiffany and co, polo ralph lauren outlet, longchamp handbags, louboutin, louis vuitton handbags, ray ban sunglasses, gucci outlet, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, tory burch outlet, longchamp handbags, kate spade outlet, true religion jeans, kate spade handbags, louis vuitton outlet stores, michael kors outlet, coach purses, michael kors outlet, polo ralph lauren, michael kors outlet, louboutin shoes

oakleyses said...

montre homme, air max, juicy couture outlet, moncler, iphone 6 cases, hollister, juicy couture outlet, swarovski crystal, air max, moncler, vans, swarovski, moncler, parajumpers, timberland boots, rolex watches, oakley, hollister clothing store, pandora charms, ralph lauren, pandora jewelry, lancel, wedding dresses, moncler, baseball bats, louis vuitton, toms shoes, converse, converse shoes, louboutin, canada goose, canada goose, supra shoes, hollister, ugg, karen millen, ugg, thomas sabo, moncler, links of london, gucci, moncler, coach outlet store online, pandora charms, moncler outlet, ray ban

oakleyses said...

north face jackets, nike roshe run, vans shoes, rolex watches, ugg boots, ugg boots clearance, north face outlet, canada goose, jimmy choo outlet, ghd, canada goose jackets, mac cosmetics, reebok outlet, lululemon outlet, herve leger, new balance shoes, valentino shoes, p90x, babyliss pro, insanity workout, giuseppe zanotti, marc jacobs, wedding dresses, asics running shoes, canada goose outlet, uggs outlet, soccer jerseys, celine handbags, ugg boots, mont blanc, instyler, canada goose, ferragamo shoes, nfl jerseys, abercrombie and fitch, ugg pas cher, beats by dre, mcm handbags, birkin bag, ugg australia, soccer shoes, canada goose uk, uggs, chi flat iron, ugg, bottega veneta, canada goose