Saturday, March 29, 2008

I Still Suck At Weighing In

well, this week has been a busy week.

with all the things going on, i could not weigh myself for my high intensity interval training experiment on my usual thursday time at my friends' (marc and kelley) place.

so, i still suck at weighing in. luckily, i happened to be at my sister-in-law's (janine) last night. janine has a cool looking glass scale with a digital display. it is so hingham. just kidding.

anyway, i decided to use her scale this week as i did not have access to any other type of scale (because i don't own one myself). naturally, i tested the precision of the glass scale by weighing myself a couple of times. the numbers were the same. i know using this glass scale actually throws off the validity of my experiment, but i figured it was only for a week anyway... and really, i'm not publishing this experiment or anything in any medical journals so i figured it would be okay.

well, the magic number was 185.2 pounds, which is a difference of 2.6 pounds from my weigh in last week. and for those "biggest loser" fans, the percentage difference would be 1.38% which would actually make me fall below the yellow line this week.

my food intake, however, for the week averaged about 2200 calories which is 300 calories less than the week before. so, it's hard to determine whether the reduced caloric intake or the high intensity interval training (or both) influenced my weight loss. i think next week should be a better indicator as i attempt to bring my caloric intake back to a steady level. (of course, i say that now.)

anyway with week 3 of the experiment complete, i guess we'll see how the remaining weeks go.