Friday, May 14, 2010

I Suck At Father/Daughter Bonding Time

Today, I got to spend some quality father/daughter bonding time. Too bad I suck at father/daughter bonding time.

Karen was going out tonight with my friends (Hot Amy and Jen). So that left me by my lonesome with our baby daughter (Briana). Truth be told, I'm glad Karen got out of the house. I think it's good for her to have some time away from taking care of Briana. (Not that I am deadbeat and don't take care of Briana myself.) I think it just does the mind and body good to relax for awhile without the constant worries of taking care of a child... even for a couple of hours.

So naturally, I'm all for her going out and hanging out with friends. And I think she was happy to get out of the house. (Truth be told, she was probably tired of seeing my ugly mug day in and day out.) For Karen, just being asked to go out is nice. Being a mother of a newborn baby, she knows that she cannot always go out with her friends. So just being asked and having the option of going out is enough to make her day.

Anyway, with Karen out of the house, I decided to bond with my daughter by changing her diaper. And if people must know, Briana's diaper was quite dirty. Some day, I will actually use Facebook and update my status every single time I change her diaper. Just kidding.

By the time I finished changing Briana's diaper, talking to my BFF (Kerry) on the phone while changing her diaper, holding Briana until she fell asleep, and doing some other menial tasks, Karen had already came home from her night out. It's amazing how time quickly passes by when you have a baby. Some day, I'll actually get to bond with my daughter when she is more alert. Some day...

3 comments:

oakleyses said...

ray ban sunglasses, polo ralph lauren, air max, true religion jeans, burberry outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet, kate spade handbags, oakley sunglasses cheap, michael kors outlet, air max, michael kors outlet online sale, louis vuitton outlet, nike shoes, michael kors outlet, coach purses, louboutin, nike free, prada handbags, gucci outlet, longchamp handbags, christian louboutin, tory burch outlet, jordan shoes, coach outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton handbags, louboutin outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton outlet, longchamp outlet, kate spade outlet, true religion jeans, louis vuitton, coach factory outlet, burberry outlet, oakley sunglasses, prada outlet, coach outlet store online, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, oakley sunglasses, tiffany and co, chanel handbags, longchamp handbags, tiffany and co

oakleyses said...

hollister, lululemon outlet online, true religion outlet, louis vuitton, nike trainers, sac louis vuitton, sac louis vuitton, sac longchamp, polo lacoste, longchamp, timberland, air max, north face, nike air max, michael kors pas cher, abercrombie and fitch, air force, nike tn, nike free pas cher, sac hermes, air max, louis vuitton uk, nike roshe, nike roshe run, michael kors, nike free, mulberry, new balance pas cher, sac guess, air jordan, ray ban pas cher, louboutin, nike blazer, barbour, hollister, oakley pas cher, north face, true religion outlet, vans pas cher, vanessa bruno, polo ralph lauren, air max pas cher, ralph lauren, sac burberry, converse pas cher, michael kors, ray ban sunglasses, nike huarache, hogan outlet

oakleyses said...

louis vuitton, air max, converse shoes, thomas sabo, iphone 6 cases, rolex watches, hollister, moncler, hollister clothing store, swarovski, canada goose, montre homme, gucci, supra shoes, moncler, canada goose, pandora charms, toms shoes, moncler, parajumpers, baseball bats, timberland boots, ray ban, links of london, moncler, oakley, swarovski crystal, vans, lancel, air max, coach outlet store online, moncler, moncler outlet, ugg, juicy couture outlet, ralph lauren, wedding dresses, ugg, converse, moncler, canada goose uk, pandora jewelry, louboutin, hollister, karen millen, pandora charms, juicy couture outlet